5 years out

SassiestLassie
on 7/14/13 11:19 am - Nepean, Canada

Its hard to believe 5 years are almost pasted.  There certainly have been highlights and pitfalls.  Starting back on optfast once again.  I lost 150 pounds in the first 8 months and then nothing.  Got  discouraged, fell off the wagon put back on 50 pounds but now Im back on track.  Rny was the smartest decision I ever made,,,no regrets.  Now its up to me if I want to be a functioning member of society...or a person leaning on her son to help her to even put on her shoes on given days.   Since my surgery Ive developed arthritis in both knees and shoulders.  Started having injections in both knees to keep the swelling under control and to be able to bend them.  $400.00 a knee and of course its not covered by my insurance plan at work.  So then I started taking arthrotec which I know Im not supposed to take but it does have a stomach protector in it and I also take another protector.  Have to be able to function somewhat.  THE IMPORTANT THING  is that I am taking control of my life again and am reviewing all the material that I should have been following.  I refuse to accept that I will never (according to the weight loss Dr;s and statistics) be under the 200 lb mark.  I never wanted to be a skinny mini my only goal has ever been to be under 200 and I will start my path to get there. Sorry if I seem to have run on I just havent been on for a bit and needed a vent.

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/14/13 11:30 am - Windsor, Canada

Hi There!

Congrats. Nice to see another long timer posting. If you are on facebook I have a group for us (see my signature if you'd care to join!

Congrats!  It's such a hard ball game out long term so I understand everything.

Are you doing the Optifast program through the centre then? I wish you well :)

Thanks for posting and for being a "survivor!".

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

SassiestLassie
on 7/14/13 11:09 pm - Nepean, Canada

Dawn Im computer stupid is your facebook under diminishing dawn?  If not please spell it out for us old crtters

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/15/13 12:14 am - Windsor, Canada

It's a group. Bariatric long-Timers. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Dar_Mab
on 7/14/13 11:31 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Good for you!   Stay focused and you will get there!    Keep posting and updating!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

SassiestLassie
on 7/15/13 12:12 pm - Nepean, Canada

Thanks for the moral boost

Patm
on 7/14/13 11:15 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like you have been through a lot. I wish you well getting back on program. You sound like you have a good attitude which should help you alot.

SassiestLassie
on 7/15/13 12:13 pm - Nepean, Canada

Thanks for the kind words, its hard getting back in the saddle again

Mary A.
on 7/15/13 1:52 am

awesome..I enjoy reading posts such as yours, it shows that most of us slip a bit, but realize within a reasonable amount of time that we want better and don't want to it to past (the point of no return)..myself included

I am almost 5 yrs post-op and have gained 17 lbs back...and made  a point to buy a new battery for my scale just this past weekend.

All the best on your return to the program!!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

SassiestLassie
on 7/15/13 12:17 pm - Nepean, Canada

You're right we all slip a lit bit but I think I did a bit of the roller coaster scene.  Day 1 back on Optifast is hard and I'm mad at myself for even letting myself get carried away.  Old habits die hard.

Most Active
Recent Topics