My Surgery Date Nov 4

Emjaye
on 8/3/13 4:13 am - Canada

So, it's official - my surgery date is Nov 4 - TWH.  93 days.  Picked yesterday.   I chose it to work around vacation dates, my birthday, and the need to have some time to breathe, organize and prepare. I am in awe of those of you who are getting it done immediately, or as soon as possible after all the appointments.  Every one seems so pleased and excited to get their date, I feel a bit out of step with others, since I'm such a coward and am very much terrified about the whole thing - although I am convinced it is the only hope I have for a healthy, active future. 

Anyone else booked their surgery for a (somewhat) distant date?

Orientation Jan 2/13, Social Worker Feb 27, Nurse Practitioner Apr 29, Nutrition Class May 28, Dietician Jun 18, Psychologist Jul 9, Surgeon Aug 2, Opti starts Oct 14, Pre-Admission Oct 16,  Surgery: Nov 4/13

Fabulous_by_Fifty
on 8/3/13 6:20 am - Canada

I did not pick the first date they gave me....pretty much for the same reasons as you (minus the Birthday)  My date however was only 2 months after my last appointment.  I think every one is different.  Even though this has been one of my main focuses for the past year and half, I too needed some time.  Enjoy it!  Mine is just around the corner now but the time has passed very quickly......congratulations on your date broken heart

Emjaye
on 8/3/13 10:36 am - Canada

Thanks!  I hope everything goes well for you when you get "around the corner".

Orientation Jan 2/13, Social Worker Feb 27, Nurse Practitioner Apr 29, Nutrition Class May 28, Dietician Jun 18, Psychologist Jul 9, Surgeon Aug 2, Opti starts Oct 14, Pre-Admission Oct 16,  Surgery: Nov 4/13

Fabulous_by_Fifty
on 8/3/13 6:28 am - Canada
Patm
on 8/3/13 11:23 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

There are three other people on here who have November / December dates. I have added you to the surgery list and will post an updated list next week.

Most Active
Recent Topics