Opti day 8

nmcgreen
on 8/8/13 12:20 am - Canada

Well I've made it this far after a very rocky start! I really thought I could not do it! The first 4 days were really rough. I had no energy, headaches and general overall malaise. (I was a little cranky too). Something happened on the 5th day. I popped out of bed like a daisy and decided to paint my deck. I did that for 2 days with more energy then I did when I ate food! I slept like a log too and woke refreshed. I'm NOT saying this has been easy, but it does get easier. Cooking for my family is an issue so I think next week they will have to prepare their own. I've lost 11 pounds in 8 days and I feel good!

November 27th Referral sent. January Group orientation. April 10th Nurse . May 21st Nutrition and Behavior. May 24 Ultrasound. June 26th Group. July 16 Surgeon Surgery August 22

Monica9811
on 8/8/13 12:59 am - Peterborough, Canada

That's great.  Once you get past day 4 it seems to turn around and there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel!  Good luck-you will be on the bench in no time!

jen1016
on 8/8/13 1:08 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 09/19/13

It also takes  a few days for our bodies to go into ketosis - so that is the stage you are probably at.  I did the Core program from the OWMC in 2009, so had the shakes for 12 weeks.  I am hoping I will be able to do them for 3 weeks, because I had tried doing them another time and kept on gagging - will be interesting to see how it goes!

Catw
on 8/8/13 1:17 am - Arnprior, Canada

During the first few days, your body is going through withdrawal from what it's used to.  Then you get used to the new diet, it it's better.

Cathy

kristaeb
on 8/8/13 1:53 am

Congrats . Great job so far. It was hard for me as well to cook family meals during opti. Now after surgery it does not bother me one bit because i am not hungry at all. Your almost there . Wishing you well Krista..broken heart

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Most Active
Recent Topics