Cheating

time2changeme
on 9/17/13 1:28 pm

Very well said, pawsitive one!! So true, for so many things!

I need to remember that one!

chipmunk_roasting
on 9/19/13 11:47 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

I like your quote, Paws :)

It reminds me of the one where we talk about a breakfast of bacon and eggs:  the chicken is interested, the pig is committed. 

:)

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Pawsitive_One
on 9/21/13 7:40 am
RNY on 07/02/13

LOL!

Hennagirliegirl
on 9/17/13 1:48 pm - Canada

Humber allows 2 cups of veggies per day. not all veggies though, I think if I recall correctly its peppers, cucumber, lettuce. The rationale used when it was presented was so that we wouldnt miss the crunching.

Terri

birdiegirl
on 9/17/13 7:08 pm, edited 9/17/13 7:10 pm

OK kiddo......here is where you need to give yourself a great big reality check

I know you have really flown thru the system....thats great.....but the only problem I see with that is we don't get a chance to lose that " I want it now" mentality of dieting.......like when you decided in the past to lose weight you went "immediately to weigh****chers-Bersteins - Herbal Magic....etc etc....to get signed up and to begin.....and then went off program when the excitement wore off and reality kicked in.....WLS is very precious....and there are no do-overs

WLS  involves profound changes.....and it begins at the beginning....like now

When it takes 6 months to a year to go thru the process - it allows your brain to absorb everything.....and in most cases it strengthens your resolve that this is your last chance....and you dont want to screw it up....you dont have this advantage....and believe me, it IS an advantage - imo

You might be thinking - WTF is this lady talking about....I just asked about having something else with my opti?.....but your heading says it all to me...."cheating"......

WLS is a total mind game.....so you really have to embrace it as the life line it is.......and never let go

Opti is probably the easiest part of this process....second easiest is losing the weight....and then comes real life....and its forever.....and its the toughest

We all have to make our own choices in this journey.......but most successful long term vets I have seen follow a set pattern of what they eat....how they move.....and concentrating....yeah really concentrating every stinking day on what they consume......

Good luck....this is last chance saloon.....buck yourself up and embrace fully the life ahead of you

brenda65
on 9/17/13 7:19 pm - Ottawa, Canada

well said well said!angry

January 14 2011- Orientation at WMC
July 4- Sugery

Sunny123
on 9/17/13 8:22 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Amen.

As much as i am frustrated and pissed off at the lengthy process - waiting (at least for me) is part of the whole process.

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

2mar
on 9/17/13 10:04 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

so well said. Thanks. ! 

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

hynesj85
on 9/17/13 11:19 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 10/02/13
On September 18, 2013 at 2:08 AM Pacific Time, birdiegirl wrote:

OK kiddo......here is where you need to give yourself a great big reality check

I know you have really flown thru the system....thats great.....but the only problem I see with that is we don't get a chance to lose that " I want it now" mentality of dieting.......like when you decided in the past to lose weight you went "immediately to weigh****chers-Bersteins - Herbal Magic....etc etc....to get signed up and to begin.....and then went off program when the excitement wore off and reality kicked in.....WLS is very precious....and there are no do-overs

WLS  involves profound changes.....and it begins at the beginning....like now

When it takes 6 months to a year to go thru the process - it allows your brain to absorb everything.....and in most cases it strengthens your resolve that this is your last chance....and you dont want to screw it up....you dont have this advantage....and believe me, it IS an advantage - imo

You might be thinking - WTF is this lady talking about....I just asked about having something else with my opti?.....but your heading says it all to me...."cheating"......

WLS is a total mind game.....so you really have to embrace it as the life line it is.......and never let go

Opti is probably the easiest part of this process....second easiest is losing the weight....and then comes real life....and its forever.....and its the toughest

We all have to make our own choices in this journey.......but most successful long term vets I have seen follow a set pattern of what they eat....how they move.....and concentrating....yeah really concentrating every stinking day on what they consume......

Good luck....this is last chance saloon.....buck yourself up and embrace fully the life ahead of you

birdiegirl 

I really have to thank you for all you said. You are absolutely right, I am at the "I want it now" stage, I have not cheated but the temptation is defiantly there and it sucks. I totally agree with feeling the high of going threw the process and then getting bored with it like other diets/programs, I will take your advice and stick with it because truely I do see the bigger picture in the near distance.

Thank you again for opening my eyes, full force ahead!  

Referral Sent June 03 2013////Orientation @ TWH July 08 2013////Nurse Practitioner July 10 2013////Sleep Study July 20 2013////Social Worker July 23 2013////Nutrition Class August 20 2013////Dietitian August 13/21 2013////Psychologist August 13 2013////Sleep Study Results August 21 2013////Surgeon Appointment Sept 06 2013////SURGERY @TEGH October 2 2013    

birdiegirl
on 9/18/13 12:37 am

Great attitude!!.....and I am glad you took my advice in the spirit it was given......

Most Active
Recent Topics