One Week On The Bench

Charlene Straus
on 9/23/13 10:54 pm - Mississauga, Canada

So today is one week since my RNY surgery. I have been so lucky. I've had no complications, thus far. Yesterday, I walked 1 kilometer. The downfall? I hate not being able to have real food. One more day of Oatmeal, Tomato Soup and Protein Shakes and I feel I'm going to hurl. I've been up, for an hour, and have yet to make breakfast, as I don't know what I want...Cream of Wheat or Oatmeal. I'm still dealing with not having a once a day BM. However, I guess that doesn't happen as often, considering the small amount of food going in. Hoping everyone has a wonderful day and I will leave you with this: 

Michele T.
on 9/23/13 10:59 pm - Canada

Love this its so funny thanks for sharing.  As for the liquid faze I was like you it was hard at first but time will go by fast and you will be on soft foods before you know it.  :)

Referral from GP October 2012  Starting Opti July 15th  Surgery with Dr. Jackson @ TWH on August 8th, 2013

Charlene Straus
on 9/23/13 11:01 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I hope so. I'd roll my one legged, 93 yr old grandmother, for a poached egg and a slice of melba toast, right now.

Patm
on 9/23/13 11:03 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Great cartoon. Try some yogurt for breakfast it slides down easy

1greeneyedgirl
on 9/23/13 11:15 pm - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Won't be long and you will be to the pureed stage and have a poached egg, pureed chicken with soup and brocolli.  Very good!

I know at the end of the full fluids I was ready to start something new.  Each stage is like Heaven!  You are don wonderful.

Cathy xo angry

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

Katie M.
on 9/23/13 11:20 pm - Georgetown, Canada
RNY on 10/18/13

That cartoon is hilarious ;) And exactly how I feel right now too.

It's tough right now, but you'll get there. Just imagine how you'll be feeling this time next year! That is what is getting me through day 2 of Opti, since this morning I would steal the food out of a baby's hand I'm so hungry, but it will be worth it. And you've already come so far, you're almost at the end and back on real foods :) Congrats on walking a kilometre!!

Referral May 2013 / orientation at TWH June 27 / nurse practitioner July 3 / social worker August 19 / nutrition class August 26 / nutritionist August 30 / psychologist September 3 / meet surgeon (Dr. Penner) September 20 / PATTS October 10 / Surgery October 18 2013!  

mispysmom
on 9/24/13 1:02 am - elliot lake, Canada
I made.a.strawberry smoothy outta mine.just now by adding half a strawberry/kiwi crystal light....yuuuuummmm,

Amanda

Pawsitive_One
on 9/24/13 12:25 am
RNY on 07/02/13

Love the cartoon!

Hang in there...its only one stage and before you know it, you'll get past it and onto better and yummier things! 

PS. Just resist the urge to fling your oatmeal at anyone

RnY: July 2nd, 2013

Charlene Straus
on 9/24/13 12:38 am - Mississauga, Canada

Awww Paws...you take the fun out of having oatmeal for breakie!

Pawsitive_One
on 9/24/13 8:48 am
RNY on 07/02/13

Well if you must...FLING AWAY!    lol   

*mental note to self: bring umbrella and wear a rain jacket if we ever meet....* 

Most Active
Recent Topics