Thank you Dr Cyriac and Staff at Toronto East General

Charlene Straus
on 9/22/13 1:07 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I want to take this time to thank everyone at TEGH, for the incredible care I was give, during my RNY surgery and recovery. Everyone was wonderful. A special thanks to Dr. Cyriac and team, for giving me my life back. Since my highest weight, which was 5 lbs higher than when I started Optifast, I am down 37lbs. That is major. I'm losing about 2 - 2.5 lbs a day, currently and I know this will slow down. I also want to thank Michelle (Onwardanddownwards), for taking precious time, from her day and from her family, to not visit me once, but twice. Thank you all. I have been doing well, other than a bowel impaction, which finally broke free, but left me thinking I was either going to inhabit the bathroom, for the rest of my life, or do an Elvis and die on the toilet. Needless to say, I have invested in a box of glycerin suppositories. I know...tmi. However, sometimes these things do happen and I would suggest to anyone preparing for surgery, to have some on hand, just in case. Other than that, if I follow my diet and remember to put protein powder in absolutely everything, all will go well...oh yeah...and drink, drink, drink

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/13 1:14 pm
I am glad to hear that all went well. I am scheduled to have surgery with Dr. Cyriac on october 16th and your post made me feel that much better about mu decision. Here is to a speedy recovery.
Charlene Straus
on 9/22/13 1:21 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You are in wonderful hands. He and his team are incredible. Don't be afraid to ask questions. He came into the surgical waiting room, met my 28 yr old son and took the time, with him, to assure him he would take good care of me and asked if he had any questions. I saw him every morning and he didn't rush through. He always took the time to address any concerns, I may have. He is amazing. The most incredible bedside manner I could have ever expected.

jellyfishattack
on 9/22/13 9:24 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

Hi,

Like I told CStraus before her surgery, you are in excellent hands with Dr. Cyriac.  I also thought that he had a wonderful bedside manner and I had no complications whatsoever afterwards.  I was given Percocet and Colace (a stool softener) when I left TEGH and I didn't need to finish either Rx, especially the Percocet.  I had been expecting to feel pretty rotten for a while, but after 4 days, I didn't need any painkillers.

I wrote up my TEGH experience when I was home a few days:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ON/4612953/My-Surgery-Went -Really-Well/page,1/action,replies/topic_id,4612953/

Jenn.  :)

1st appointment - Feb. 23rd, 2012. RNY Dr Cyriac Mar. 11th, 2013.

Onward and
Downward

on 9/22/13 1:48 pm, edited 9/22/13 1:48 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

You're most welcome - thanks for the great conversation! :)  It was great to meet you and I hope we get to meet again sometime.  As I mentioned when we were chatting, I also got really excellent care at TEGH.  The staff there are top-notch.

Drinking lots of fluids, I see!  LOL. ;)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

1greeneyedgirl
on 9/22/13 2:47 pm - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Oh, my friend you make me laugh, congratulations and I'm waving to you on the Bench.  I do enjoy reading your posts and love that icture of the dog. OMG. Well Done!angry

Cathy xo

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

jellyfishattack
on 9/22/13 9:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

I agree, Dr. Cyriac, his secretary, and the TEGH nurses and nurses' aides were great to me too.  The receptionist even told me to come back later on to let them see how I was doing (maybe because I spent so much time walking the hallways and my father had a hard time figuring out how to dial my bedside phone, so he called the nursing station repeatedly, and my call bell stopped working the second day, so I had to either yell - luckily, I was beside the nurse's station, or just get up and walk there, which is what I did except for twice, so I saw a lot of that receptionist).

I hope your recovery from here on out is speedy and uneventful! 

jellyfishattack
on 9/22/13 9:31 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

I forgot to say, welcome to the bench!! 

ALOA2013
on 9/23/13 1:12 am - Brampton, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Congrats on your successful sx and recovery!  I have a black lab (Oliver) that looks just like that!! Love the pic.  Just wanted to mention to all of you who had such good/great experiences at TEGH or other hospitals to consider writing a compliment letter to Dr. Cyriac and his staff  (admins, nurses etc). I work at a hospital (Toronto General Hospital) and all hospitals take compliments and complaints very seriously.  The Patient Relations department love to get positive feedback on their teams.  I know for a fact that if you sent a letter to Dr Cyriac's office or directly to the Patient Relations department it will be shared with the team, they love that stuff and its nice to see positive experiences versus negative ones.  Just my two cents :)

And cstraus, please keep those hilarious posts coming, you make my day!!

Lesliewink

jellyfishattack
on 9/25/13 1:48 pm - Canada
RNY on 03/11/13

That's a great idea, which I hadn't thought of myself.  Before I left the TEGH, one of the staff asked me to come back and visit them and show them how I was doing later - which I haven't done.  Dr. Cyriac, Lorraine, his secretary and everyone who looked after me at TEGH were wonderful: from Dr. Cyriac and his surgeon-in-training, the pharmacist, the RNs, nurse's aides, even the cleaners were so peasant, and attentive and helpful.  I will write a letter and send a copy to Dr. Cyriac's office and the patients' relations department too.  I'm glad to hear that all the team will see my letter(s).

Most Active
Recent Topics