Have the all clear

daisies109
on 10/1/13 3:04 am

Yesterday I completed all of my appointments with the SW/RN/DT and Dr. Glazier. Everyone has cleared me. The clinic staff told me that Dr.Sohi (my surgeon) office would contact me to book an appointment with him. Just wondering how long have people waited to receive a call from Dr. Sohi's office?

Daisies

kathycantwait
on 10/1/13 3:40 am - Canada
Hi
I was there yesterday call and say you want to book an appointment or just call to say you want to book your surgery date, you need to pick up your Opti anyways. I can tell you he is booking for Nov 1 or 15th, I picked the 15th. Let us know when you get your date and good luck!
Kathy

daisies109
on 10/1/13 4:10 am

Hi Kathy, thank you so much for your response. Do you mind me asking when you were given the all clear? Do I need to wait at all for the other team members to pass info onto him?? Or will he book anyways? Congrats on your surgery date!!

Amy

Daisies

Hennagirliegirl
on 10/1/13 4:12 am - Canada

it will be documented in the meditech system. no snail mail... I would call his office to say You were given the all clear and would like to book your surgery.

Good luck

Terri

kathycantwait
on 10/1/13 4:15 am - Canada
Hi
I was cleared last Tues. I was told by the RN that the Dr. gets the info right away. She had even told me to call to see if I could get my date, but you need to sign release papers anyways so just call and say you want to make a follow-up appointment. They are SUPER nice there.

daisies109
on 10/1/13 5:22 am

Thank you all so much for your responses.....so I took the advice and I'm booked to see Dr.Sohi,pick-up my Optifast and sign consent forms next Wednesday. Wow....you are all right, it pays to be proactive!!

Daisies

TammyS74
on 10/1/13 7:34 am - Canada

First congrats!  Second I would call his office myself.  LOL thats me though :-) good luck  I am with Dr Sohi as well had  two of my apps today I only have the nurse left.   What did she do?  what was that appointment like?

Hennagirliegirl
on 10/1/13 8:13 am - Canada

My nurse appt @ Humber was a lengthy health history, review of meds, setting up for needed consults while in hospital (ie pharmacist for meds taken prior, dietician etc) She will take your vitals and send you to the lab for you pre op labs ( which are extensive to get a baseline on everything)

That was about it.

Terri

Most Active
Recent Topics