NSV's that keep on coming!!!!

Charlene Straus
on 10/4/13 12:25 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I figure it is time I update everyone, on my progress. As of today, I am officially down 40 lbs. Next goal, 50 lbs! I am off all Diabetes medication and was taken off one of my blood pressure medications. My blood pressure is very low. I need to monitor my blood pressure, for the next week and if it remains below 120/80, I need to stop another medication. I go back to see the doctor in a month, for a bp check and quite possible to have my thyroid medication reduced. I'll probably never be off of it, but a reduction is good. I go back in 3 months and will most likely be off my cholesterol medication. Although I have a raging kidney infection, I feel good. I'm tired, but that could be because I started back at work, this week and have the infection. I've started on pureed foods and am stunned at how good pureed prunes and squash actually taste. Poached eggs are pure decadence! I had a salmon salad, tonight, that tasted like a 5 star meal! It is amazing how little food fills me and amazing how much they expect me to eat. I'm struggling to stay awake, so I can have my evening snack. It has been one hell of a ride, but it has been so worth it. If any of my friends have considered having this surgery, to assist in weight loss and the reduction of metabolic disorders, I highly recommend it. For the little discomfort and the short term suffering, it is so worth it.

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/13 12:33 pm

i think it is so important for those who have already have surgery come back and post and share how they are doing.  please conitnue to do this - especially for those of us pre-surgery.  

congrats on the success.  how many weeks out are you?  

NewMe2.0
on 10/4/13 2:43 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

I concur with Picantesun.  Congrats on your success so far.  You must be so happy to be down 40lbs.  Please keep posting!

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Charlene Straus
on 10/4/13 12:34 pm - Mississauga, Canada

This past Tuesday was 2 weeks.

lovingmynewlife63
on 10/4/13 1:22 pm - Canada

Congrats, you seem to be doing great, except for the kidney infection.  Keep up the good work and welcome to the bench.  Its a wonderful feeling isn't it, especially to be off some of your medications!  

...loving my RNY.....working hard to maintain 120lb weightloss!

kathycantwait
on 10/4/13 2:43 pm - Canada
That is AWESOME!! You must be so proud of yourself, keep up the great work!

1greeneyedgirl
on 10/4/13 3:31 pm - Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Hi, congratulations on coming off so many meds already and down 40lbs.  You are doing just amazing.  Keep running with it girl.

Cathy xo

Orientation: Feb 2013, Surgeon, Nurse, Dietician: June 2013, Dr. Glazier: April 2013, Surgeon: Dr. John Hagen, June 2013, PATTS: August 2013, Optifast: August 2013, Surgery: HRRH Sept. 5, 2013

Sunny123
on 10/4/13 8:44 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Oh wonderful news! Glad to hear of your successes! Such a great thing this surgery. We're lucky that we have this option available to us!

I hope your kidney infection is better soon and that your energy level rises as well.

Jo

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

burg_vs
on 10/4/13 10:00 pm

40 pounds!  That's amazing.  I was two weeks yesterday and between opti and surgery I am only down 13 pounds.  Hope the infection. Goes away soon!

Patm
on 10/4/13 10:33 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congrats on your success and getting off meds. I know that meant a lot to me. Just a caution, you may not be able to go off the cholesterol meds. Cholesterol is sometimes genetic and your body just produces too much. It is not always diet related. I have lost 140 lbs and still have to take the meds. I am however like you off the diabetic and blood pressure meds

Most Active
Recent Topics