First day back in the office

Charlene Straus
on 10/7/13 9:41 am - Mississauga, Canada

Today was my first day back in the office since my 0917  surgery. It was nice to hear all the compliments. One of my co-workers said I don't look like the same person. I'm enjoying these little victories. Its been so long since I have heard sincere compliments. I watched a movie, with my granddaughter, yesterday, called, "Fat Boy Chronicles". It was a little sappy but certainly covered issues overweight teens have to deal with. It brought back the hurt and pain I dealt with as a child and teen, being constantly mocked out, ignored and bullied. It was grea****ching with my granddaughter, and explaining to her that although some of the bullying may appear funny, it really isn't and that it is very hurtful. It is also great, letting my grandchildren seeing my transformation. By the way..I had a little NSV, on the weekend. I went to visit my elderly father. He wanted to see my 'war wounds',. When I showed him, he said my spare tire went flat! I told him it was no longer a spare tire, but a donut. My daughter piped up and told my that pretty soon, all I will need is a patch kit! I love my family...knuckleheads that they are!

Patm
on 10/7/13 10:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Your family has a great sense of humour. Great teaching moment with your granddaughter. It is good for kids to learn empathy.

Monica M.
on 10/7/13 9:33 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

so wonderful. thanks for sharing your knucklehead family with us.

Most Active
Recent Topics