Accomadations at St.Joe's (Toronto)

nadiras
on 10/31/13 11:05 am - Canada

Hi everyone I just have a question for a friend. She is a member on here but her computer is not working. She was wondering what are the accomadations like at St.Joe's in Toronto? Do they typically put bariatric patinets in semi-private even with no insurance? Or would it be ward room?

I am at HRRH so I am of no help to her. If anyone knows about St.Joe's in would be appreciated

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

RidingFan
on 10/31/13 11:23 am - Ajax, Canada
RNY on 04/29/13

I was at St Joe's TO in April but was in a ward room with 2 other ladies one night and only 2 of us on the 2nd night.  I was told that normally bariatric surgeries do go down a side hallway which looked like semi private but they were having water/construction issues at the time.  However, I did not have any issues with the other patients who were fairly quiet and did not disturb me.  I chose not to pay the difference between what my plan would cover for semi-private or private as it was a short time in hospital and all went well. 

Referred HRRH Apr.  2012, Info. Session: Sept 12/12, Surgeon Consult: Dr L Smith Sept 19/12,  RD/SW/RN/ Nov 19/12.  Surgery Date:  April 29, 2013

gardeninggal
on 10/31/13 9:29 pm - Midland, Canada

I had my RNY surgery at St. Joe's in Toronto last September and it was great.  I did not have extra insurance and was put in a semi-private room with another female (different one each night).  The care there was excellent and it was only for two nights.  Best wishes to your friend.

Nancy

mispysmom
on 10/31/13 10:23 pm - elliot lake, Canada
its a three person room.max...some peeps.had semi.private, i was there two weeks ago, bring.ear plugs as they r renovating.....and it is possibly the noisiest hospital i have ever been in,

Amanda

Dani34
on 10/31/13 10:58 pm - Canada
VSG on 10/21/13
I was just there on the 21st. I was in the short stay wing, most rooms at 2 people. I did not see rooms with 3 or 4 people in my wing. I had private (requested)

~Danielle

GP Referral: Summer 2012 Orientation: December 17 th, 2012  Dietitian/Social worker and Nurse Clinician January 31, 2013  Post OP: September 19th 2013 Surgery: October 21st, Dr.Smith  (VGS) 

mispysmom
on 10/31/13 11:40 pm - elliot lake, Canada
i was there the same.day.... i had a semi private with three ppl...how did we miss each other? lol

Amanda

Dani34
on 11/1/13 12:49 am - Canada
VSG on 10/21/13
You were?! Which room? I was in 5. The last room on the left, close to the little lounge.

~Danielle

GP Referral: Summer 2012 Orientation: December 17 th, 2012  Dietitian/Social worker and Nurse Clinician January 31, 2013  Post OP: September 19th 2013 Surgery: October 21st, Dr.Smith  (VGS) 

mispysmom
on 11/1/13 12:51 am - elliot lake, Canada
i was in room 12, by the reception desk...the noisy area lol i walked to the lounge with my husband a million times shirley (zephe) was down by you as well.

Amanda

zephie
on 11/1/13 1:55 am - Moose Factory, Canada

Yes I was...in room 3...was quiet and my room mate was great....in all my stay at St Joe's was a pleasant experience but nothing nothing like being home with my family, having a big cuppa in my arm chair, watching the kiddies play street hockey!!!!!

Orientation - Feb. 19 & 20/13 - NP,Nut, Psych, - Mar. 14/13 - Sleep Study - Mar. 24/13 - OTN with Dr. Sullivan - June 28/13  On my way!!! Preop Sept 25/13  -  SURGERY OCTOBER 22/13!!!!!!!!

It's not how you start this life...it's how well you finish it...& I plan to finish it with gusto!!!!

nadiras
on 11/1/13 1:57 am - Canada

Thank you for the reply's everyone. I read them all to her so now she knows to bring ear plugs if needed.

Orientation May 2013, Surgeon( Dr.Lindsay) July 17, Rescheduled RN/NUT/ SW and got lucky with a cancellation July 18, Dr.Linsday 2nd appt Aug.19, Dr.Lindsay was overbooked switched to Dr.Starr on Oct.8, Surgery Dr.Starr Nov.8,2013

Most Active
Recent Topics