10 Days and the scale has not moved

PepperBB
on 11/14/13 9:36 pm - Canada

Okay so I had my surgery on October 28, 2013 and as of November 5...the scale has not moved 1lbs. 10 Days!!

I have logged, I have made sure my portions are only half a cup, I have been getting my water in, taken all my supplements and make sure to get at least 30+ mins of cardio in at the gym a day.

Like I said in a previous post, I had emailed the dietitian, only to get a "don't forget to sip and make sure you get all your water" response. Which to be honest was not really helpful.

These stalls, I mean one week out of surgery? I know people have talked about 3 wks out, but I have been stalling for almost 2 weeks now. And as much as I would like to say I am losing inches, besides the original changes with opti and right after surgery, nothing has changed.

Should I contact the nurse or my surgeons office?

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Monica9811
on 11/14/13 9:58 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Try not to focus on the scale -I know it is easier said then done.  Your body went through a lot so it is adjusting right now and just follow the program and the weight will start to fall off again.  Our bodies go in protective mode after something so drastic and wants to hold on to the weight.  You might also want to look at sodium content in what you are eating because maybe you are retaining fluid.  Other possibility could be constipation.  Trust this process-it will come off!

PepperBB
on 11/14/13 10:38 pm - Canada

I never thought of either if those! 

Thanks, I will look into that startingn today.

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Monica M.
on 11/14/13 10:08 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

there is no possible way you cannot lose weight just out of surgery. Don't sweat it. If the scale makes you crazy, then stay off of it.

PepperBB
on 11/14/13 10:36 pm - Canada

Lol you're right, I actually gave it away a few days ago. 

I think I am just torturing myself for no reason. I think I am getting I to this rut as this is all we focus on right now. Time to take up a hobby for the rest of my leave!! Lol

Thanks!

Katie H.

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/13 12:24 am

i'm in the exact same situation you are in.  and i am being very good with my food -- and luckily able to drink lots of water and diet ice tea.

i have not gained weight and i have not lost in 2.5 weeks.  and everyone is telling me not to fret.  even my GP told me that my body has to adjusy 'physiologically' ti the dramatic change in caloric intake - hence the stall.  

it is still rather demoralizing to not see the scale move.

that being said,  a ring that hasn't been able to fit me in 5 yrs fits me perfectly now.  i guess that means something.

you are not the only one - try and take comfort in that.  keep us posted. :)  -hugs-

PepperBB
on 11/15/13 3:15 am - Canada

Thanks! Its good to hear. I have had the same, jeans I bought months ago and never wore are now fitting, when I had to lay down to do them up before.

Thanks for the pick me up, its good to know I am not alone.

Katie H.

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/13 3:56 am

Wow!  Look at that!  How awesome that must have felt!  :)

LittleMiss2013
on 11/15/13 5:56 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Yep me too. 1 week out of surgery I stopped losing weight the same 1-2 pounds up and  down but won't go anywhere past that. Been this way for 2 weeks. Makes you nuts, lol

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

PepperBB
on 11/15/13 6:36 am - Canada

Its good to know I am not alone!

I hope things pick up for you too!

Katie H.

Most Active
Recent Topics