OT: Heading out for PS procedures

Nathalie_Can
on 11/28/13 11:05 pm

Good morning my favorite people in Ontario..:)

Almost 2 years ago I saw a post from “Bonnie ABC” talking about this PS Surgeon in Mexico and I was hooked…lol…I knew I wanted this for myself – the cherry on top – the icing on the cake – butter to my bread – peanut butter to my jelly – wait a minute, I just might be hungry….lol

I am posting this because Bonnie had an effect on my journey and so grateful that I read what she wrote and thought I should post this in hopes that it might be helpful to another!!

The procedures are done all at once and I am getting a Neck Lift, Large Arm Lift, Breast Lift with Augmentation, Lower Body Lift w/Anchor Cut and Large Thigh Lift.  I CAN’T WAIT!  I’m leaving on Sunday the 8th and my surgery is on the 10th.  I will be back in Canada on the 21st.

I am SO grateful that Ontario is giving us a chance to change our lives and HOPE they will always let us benefit from that.  Also grateful to all the vets on here, this journey was MUCH easier because of all your help along the way!  I won’t name all but you know who you are, especially those I text/pm here and there.

I can’t post my before and after because this beautiful newly updated user-friendly website can’t access my pics…lol…but I love looking at them (eventually you’ll be able to view them in my profile) to remind me what I’ve achieved, especially after being hard on myself if I gain 5lbs, I look at these and realize that 5lbs is nothing to lose after doing 250…lol

Happy journey everyone – it’s so worth it!

Have a great weekend,

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

NewMe2.0
on 11/28/13 11:12 pm, edited 11/28/13 11:41 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Nathalie,

Best of luck!  I am still pre op but have been paying lots of attention to the posts on plastic surgeons.  Are you going to Dr. Sauceda?  I saw some posts on here and have actually book marked his site.

I also want to say congrats on your amazing weight loss....I have read your story and think you are an inspiration.

I am excited to follow your progress.

Safe trip and happy healing..

Vicky

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

Nathalie_Can
on 11/28/13 11:20 pm

Yep, the fabulous Dr. Sauceda

ty for your kind words and keep that website in mind, I'll be posting every single day on that site to explain my day-to-day experience...:)

Dar_Mab
on 11/28/13 11:13 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Best of luck. Do post about your progress.  I will definitely be looking into this next year.    Take care!

Dar

p.s. Can you send a link to the surgeon's website?

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Nathalie_Can
on 11/28/13 11:21 pm

Thanks Dar - Dr. Sauceda's website is:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Dr_Sauceda_Patients/

Needanewbeginning
on 11/28/13 11:31 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I love your post!! Congratulations, your such an inspiration you truly are. I have my ps jar collecting mulla for when its my turn. Can't wait to hear all about your upcoming journey and wish you all the best for this final phase in your transformation. WTG girl!! 

Annette angry

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

gwynnkitty
on 11/29/13 1:11 am - North York, Canada

I can't wait to hear how you make out. I too would like to do the Mexico thing when the time comes - I can't wait to hear about your experience. :)

Referral to Surgeon: February 12, 2013 Appointment with Surgeon: April 24, 2013 Endoscopy: April 30, 2013 Referral sent to Bariatric Registry: May 2, 2013 Orientation Appointment: May 27, 2013 Dr Klein Appointment: June 6, 2013 Second Upper GI Series: June 11 Dr Glazer: August 12, 2013 RN/RD/SW: August 29. 2013 Follow-up With Dr Klein: September 23, 2013 Start Opti: October 23, 2013 Surgery Date: November 14, 2013 

libra1
on 11/29/13 2:07 am - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

How exciting! All the best to you. enlightened

Bonnie ABC
on 11/29/13 4:38 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with

Ah my dear friend.   About time you got to enjoy the artistic world of Dr. Sauceda.    If anyone doesn't know, this man focuses on wls patients.   Our skin is not like the mommy makeovers that make up about 90% of a regular plastic surgeon's clientele.    We are stretched, and torn, but I don't need to tell you that.   This man has done many many of us, and knows what to do.   

Dr. S uses Epidural and Twilight sleep to do procedures. This allows him to work longer than most surgeons and all the procedures can be done at once.    Most of us feel little pain after our surgeries.   We go for mark up the night before surgery, with Dr. S picking us up the morning of.    You spend about two or three days in the hospital, then off to the Hampton Inn to recover.   Should your surgery total over a certain amount, then the hotel fees are covered by Dr. S and so are your implants and garments.   Daily a nurse will come to you to help you shower, dress your wounds and re-dress you.    Dr. S will also come by.  

It's an amazing opportunity for those that choose not to have plastics here in Canada.  There are things to be aware of, such as complications.    You MUST have your doctor here on board.  You never know if and when you might need them.   

I have personally met him twice, two different occasions.   I trust the man with the my life.    But a I also know he won't promise you things he cannot give you.   He will tell you what he can do for your body, and then let you decide.    He will do a picture consult, if you send him the pics.    Please be in close to maintenance mode so he can tell you what he can do for you.   

Dr. S's board here on OH will let you into the world and patients lives.    I'm sure we will see Natalie's journey in real time.    You will hear it all there, not just the good pictures some surgeons want to show you, you will see what Dr. S can do.   

Natalie, as I said earlier today, I wished I was going with you.    You are about to meet the kindest man.   You will love him and his nurse Patti.  I am glad you made this decision, and can't wait for the results to be shown. 

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Nathalie_Can
on 11/29/13 8:27 am

Thanks Bonnie for explaining, I completely forgot to mention the details you gave which is good because you described everything perfectly.

I promise, you fit in my suitcase so come on, I'll wait for ya...lol

Thanks again Bonnie and have a great weekend xo

Most Active
Recent Topics