U/S Follow up

Leafchick17
on 1/7/14 6:47 am
RNY on 04/14/14

Had a follow up today, gallstones.  Not a big shocker and I'm actually glad it's not something bigger.  Someone on here even called it, thank you!

My family doctor said they don't suggest surgery when I have no issues.  I wouldn't have known about them if not for the ultrasound.  Will anything happen once I start my appointments, will they consider taking it out?  Will this effect the wls process for me?

You guys are great, I love the help and guidance you all give.

Orientation Hamilton: July 22, 2013 Ultrasound: December 18, 2013 Bloodwork/ECG: January 29, 2014 Nutritionist/Social Worker/RN: February 12, 2014 Gastroscopy: March 4, 2014 Internist: March 6, 2014 Surgeon: March 13, 2014 (cancelled by clinic) Echocardiogram: March 19, 2014 Rescheduled Surgeon: April 1, 2014 SURGERY: April 14/14

Susan M.
on 1/7/14 7:22 am

I can't answer many of your questions since I had mine out in '05, but considering how much pain I was in back then, I would always advise getting it out.  I would not wish gallbladder attacks on anyone.  

I had no adverse bowel effects after it was out (my grandmother would have some extra bathroom time when she had fatty foods post gallbladder removal).  

Catw
on 1/7/14 7:26 am - Arnprior, Canada

Not glad you are going through the pain, but glad you found the cause of it.

I don't know if it will affect the process or not, but make sure that the clinic is aware that you have had issues, some have had it taken out when they do surgery.  And if you have any more attacks, then make sure you go to ER or your Doc so that there is a record of them.  If it only happens once, they may not take it out but if you have more attacks, it will affect if and when it's taken out (may not wait until GP Surgery).

Did your GP put you on a modified diet?  (i.e. no/low fat, small meals)  If so, let your clinic know as well when you see them.  And if you find trigger foods, then record them.

Good luck!
Cathy

kimber291
on 1/7/14 7:53 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14
I had my follow up yesterday and yes I have them as well. I think it may of been me you spoke with last week. :-)   My doctor gave copies of the report along with a note for me to give to the internist as well as the surgeon as he wants to see what they say in regards to taking it out, before he sends me to a surgeon here. As it does state in the note that it requires clinical correlation.    He he told me to stay away from fatty foods/greasy foods/spicy foods. He have me T'3s for pain and stated if the attacks lasted longer then 20 minutes to go to emerge. He also made it very clear that if it comes right down to it and I have more attacks I won't be able to wait for the GBP to have it out ( if this is what Dr Klein suggest) as having my gallbladder out is more important then the bypass. So here's hoping I can keep them under control with my eating.     

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

Most Active
Recent Topics