REMINDER: Bytown Benchers Monthly Meeting (Ottawa)

Poe2004
on 3/3/14 5:21 am - Ottawa, Canada

Bytown Benchers Monthly Meeting

March Theme: CHANGES - I can't think of very many times in my life where I have went through as many changes as I've experienced through the whole WLS (weight loss surgery) journey. Both pre and post-op, we experience physical changes, emotional changes, changes to how we view ourselves and others. Some of these changes are good, and some aren't. What are some of the changes you have experienced throughout your journey?

The Bytown Benchers meets the first Wednesday of every month from 7:00-9:00 pm (can't make it for 7:00, that's ok ... come when you can). We are an informal support group for persons at all stages of their WLS journey, from pre-op to post-op, to post-post- op.

These meetings generally follow the format of an opening or introductory round in which we share visions, goals, challenges and then a facilitated themed discussion. There is time at a break to chat one-on-one or to participate in a clothing exchange.

If this is your first time attending and you are a little unsure or hesitant about showing up by yourself, you are welcome to bring a support person with you, or contact the group ahead of time at [email protected] and we can talk before the day of the meeting to help you out. Otherwise, we ask that the meeting remain closed to all but members so as to allow the most freedom of discussion. That being said, if there is someone in your circle and you would think it would be of benefit to you to have them join us at a meeting, please feel free to let us know. With warning, the group is happy to accommodate such requests.

A $3 donation to cover rental costs is appreciated. Anyone wishing to donate or re-gift something as a door prize, please feel free to do so.

NOTE: We are no longer meeting at the Bronson Centre. The new Location iMONTGOMERY LEGION - 330 Kent Street, Ottawa (on Kent Street, between Somerset & MacLaren)  Parking is available on the street or there is a little lot behind the Legion.

~Tammy

HW: 386 - RNY: 356.8 (14-Mar-2013) - CW: 238.6 (07-May-2014)  . . . GOAL: 199  

Most Active
Recent Topics