So I'm out at the bar tonight...

reliena
on 3/6/14 1:13 pm - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

... and I realized that while I am totally on board and preparing myself to not consume alcohol (not a big drinker now that I'm out of my 20s) for 6 months post-op, I still like going out, especially in the summer to listen to music. Tonight I was with my Dad tonight at a place with no cover and a live band, so in the future, no drinking means I am essentially mooching the music for nothing if I only order water.

What the heck would one order after WLS that costs money? Can't do pop, iced tea is likely full of sugar... watered down cranberry juice? I know this is low priority but it just dawned on me and wondered if anyone had a solution.

Referral 08/13, Orientation TWH 09/18/13, SW 09/26/13, NP 09/26/13, Surgeon Appt 12/13/13, MRI 01/06/14, Nut Class 01/14/14, Nut 01/20/14, Scopes 02/21/14, Psych 02/25/14, Dr. Urbach 03/28/14, PATTS 04/15/14, SURGERY 05/06/14!!! 

Kimmiekat
on 3/6/14 1:32 pm

I usually just order water with a slice of lemon/lime when I'm DD.

Referral~March 5/13 Orientation~Apr 24/13 SW~June 10/13 RN~Aug 7/13 Sleep Clinic~ Aug 16/13 Sleep Dr~ Sept 3/13 Nut Class~Oct 1/13 Dietician/2nd Sleep Clinic~Nov 1/13 Psych~Nov 8/13 2nd Sleep Dr~Dec 3/13 Surgeon~Dec 6/13 Surgery~Apr 15/14

reliena
on 3/6/14 1:34 pm - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

Well sure, bu****er is free. If I'm not paying cover and not paying for drinks, I would feel bad, as it means I'm not contributing to the business or the band's fee. I guess I could just give a huge tip?

Philbrow1
on 3/6/14 1:30 pm - Stirling, Canada

That's a good ?. I haven't had my surgery yet I'm still waiting for my consult. But I haven't thought of your ?. Hope you had a good time out with your dad.

reliena
on 3/6/14 1:36 pm - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

Thanks Phil! Yeah, it just hit me as I sipped at my drink tonight. It's not a big every day thing, but it's a reality!

We did have a good night. thanks! He lives in Port Credit during the week and loves live music, but now that my stepmom is gone, I will be going with him even more, hence the thought!

libra1
on 3/6/14 7:09 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

Good question...soon as I sat down I would tell the wait staff I'm DD (that would relieve the stress for me), and then ask if they had any non-carbonated bottled water or tea/coffee. Have a great weekend!

reliena
on 3/7/14 12:26 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

Bottled water, great idea! Not super green, but for six months I can deal with that. Have a good one hun!

Crystal82
on 3/6/14 8:24 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/06/14

I have been ordering half cranberry and water usually pay $3 or $4 but like u I to buy something the bar has over head too. I never finish a glass bit I don't feel as guilty. 

Surgery January 6, 2014!

reliena
on 3/7/14 12:28 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

I like this idea, especially because I feel a bit bad doing bottled water (environmentally). Thanks!

Patm
on 3/6/14 8:43 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I often go to hear the band my daughter plays in. If I am with my husband and he is driving I have one glass of wine. Otherwise I order coffee or tea and water. The bars usually are great about this since they know some people are DD

Most Active
Recent Topics