Surgery Date

Tina G.
on 3/20/14 7:28 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Anyone out there having surgery on the 14th of April at Humber River? Was hoping to meet someone with the same date?

Thanks. Tina

KenGaus
on 3/21/14 2:37 am - Kitchener, Canada

Hi Tina, I am having surgery the very next day, April 15th so I am sure we will see other at Humber sometime during our stay.

Hope everything goes great for you, and me too for that matter.

HW 400, CW 295 Referral Spring 2013 - Info Session 9-30-13 - DW, SW, appts 11-28-13 PATTS 3-20-14 Surgery 4-15-14

Tina G.
on 3/21/14 11:33 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Hi Ken

Very cool. Thanks for answering me. I have never met a man in my pj's before....let alone the kind of pj's where our butt's stick out...LOL. What time is your surgery on the 15th. I am booked at 10:00 on the 14th. I will be wearing (I hope) my own pj's by the time I meet you, but if not, I will be in a black housecoat that is knee length, with pink ballerina slippers...LOL. Thought I would let you know what I'm wearing so you can pick me out from everyone else...Good luck and looking forward to walking with you!

Take care. P.S I will be 1 day ahead of you on Opti so if you want to know what it tastes like write me...LOL I start it on the 31st....

KenGaus
on 3/21/14 11:45 pm - Kitchener, Canada

Hi Tina, I am booked for the 15th at 8 am. It'll be easy to spot me, big bald guy in a black house coat, my wife doesn't want me meeting anyone either with my butt sticking out the back of gown. I actually start my Opti on the 26nd, so I can let you know how it tastes, I have lots of sugar free flavoring to use so it should not be too bad.

It'll be nice to talk to you, and walk with you too. See you soon.

HW 400, CW 295 Referral Spring 2013 - Info Session 9-30-13 - DW, SW, appts 11-28-13 PATTS 3-20-14 Surgery 4-15-14

Tina G.
on 3/22/14 5:51 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Hi again Ken.

I was at HRRH on the 18th for PATTS...everything went fine except for the bloodwork. It took many attempts to get some blood, had to go back twice in the day to do it, everytime they put the needle in the vein collapsed..it was not fun and now both arms looks like I'm some kind of junkie...LOL. Ya I told my husband I was meeting a man for the first time in my pj's with my butt sticking out and he said the same thing, "I don't like the idea of u meeting another man with your butt sticking out"..LOL he was only kidding. Funny we both choice to take black housecoats with us to the hospital....well I can't say I am a big bald man but I have short blonde hair with blonde highlights and weigh in at the moment 260 pounds. Normally I would NEVER tell my weight to anyone, but seeing as we are all there for the same reason I have no reason to be afraid to say what I weigh.

I will be waiting to hear all about the Opti meals....are you allowed to have 2 cups of cucumbers, lettuce, and broccoli as well?

Take care, Tina

KenGaus
on 3/22/14 6:57 am - Kitchener, Canada

Yup, 2 cups celery or cucumber as well as broth, so at least a little bit of variety, other than Opti-Fast. 

I have my Patts appointment on Tuesday, then start Opti the next day. What are you going to have for your last meal before Opti? I would like se Chinese food so we're going to Mandarin in Kitchener 

Tina G.
on 3/22/14 7:14 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 04/14/14

Well I would love to have Chinese as well but I am deathly allergic to fish and seafood, so there are so many places I don't get to go to. However, asking what my last ENJOYING meal be..well I did that already. We went to The Keg and I had prime rib and baked potatoe with "sour cream" and grilled veggies...LOL and dessert should have been a sin it was so good!!! I am holding an early Easter dinner tomorrow as well. We are having the spiral ham with the special sauce u get at Costco, its so delicious scalloped potatoes and a couple different kinds of veggies as well as kale salad and another SINFUL dessert...LOL I am a healthy eater always have been, but I have digestion problemes severe GERD and other health issues that this surgery will either cure or help with.

What is your wife's name? Her and my hubby can chat while we are working for our "food" at the hospital...LOL...or should I say our liquid diet. Are you staying at a hotel when you are discharged? We are because we live in Buckhorn.

I hope when you go to Mandarin it's the best ever! add me as a friend on here it's easier to chat...or I am on [email protected]

Tina

Most Active
Recent Topics