Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Chews purchased at Toronto Western

Emjaye
on 3/23/14 10:13 am - Canada

Hi  - The Shoppers' Drug Mart at Toronto Western Hospital carries Bariatric Advantage Sugar Free Calcium Citrate chews. I have bought several of the pouches over the last few months - they are GREAT!! raspberry and chocolate and caramel - all yummy and SO much better than the horrid "blueberry" flavoured chalky liquid.  Since I liked them very much, when I needed to buy more, I thought I would upsize to a bigger container (mid sized, not the biggest.)    Or so I thought.  I just now realized that the container is not sugar free chews, like the pouches, but chewable tablets with ingredients that include fructose, sucralose and sucrose......and of course it has been several weeks since I bought them, don't have the receipt, and have of course opened the container!! what am I going to do?  I had Roux en Y in November, and haven't had any issues with foods - because I have been very careful.  Those ingredients sound to me like a no go zone.....anyone else tried the not sugar free version??

Orientation Jan 2/13, Social Worker Feb 27, Nurse Practitioner Apr 29, Nutrition Class May 28, Dietician Jun 18, Psychologist Jul 9, Surgeon Aug 2, Opti starts Oct 14, Pre-Admission Oct 16,  Surgery: Nov 4/13

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/14 11:31 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

They are for bariactric patients and are they not 0 calories and less than 1 gram of sugar per chewable?  I've taken them and never had a problem.

Cottagenanny
on 3/23/14 11:37 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 02/03/14

Hi,  can you tell me how much you pay for the pouches and how many are in them?   Thanks.

Orientation March 13, 2013 / Social Worker June 11 / Nurse Practitioner July 10 / Nutrition class, Blood, ECG Aug. 20 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Penner Sept. 20 / CT Scan Oct. 10 / Surgeon Consult - Dr. Urbach Oct. 18 / Psychologist Oct. 30 / Nutritionist Oct. 30 / Dr. Urbach Dec. 13 / PAATS Jan. 24 / Surgery February 3, 2014    

Emjaye
on 3/24/14 12:23 pm - Canada

Sorry, I didn't pay attention when I've bought them - don't care how much they cost, they are SO much better than the horrible "blueberry" liquid.  There are 60 soft chews in a pouch.  You have to ask the pharmacist for them at this location, they keep them in the dispensary area, not on public shelves - which is which I just assumed they were different sized containers of the same product.

Orientation Jan 2/13, Social Worker Feb 27, Nurse Practitioner Apr 29, Nutrition Class May 28, Dietician Jun 18, Psychologist Jul 9, Surgeon Aug 2, Opti starts Oct 14, Pre-Admission Oct 16,  Surgery: Nov 4/13

slrm2m2
on 3/24/14 3:31 am - Canada

I use both the bariatric advantage calcium chews and chewable pills.  They are absolutely designed for wls patients...they won't bother you at all.  I tend to alternate between the two since the chews are much more expensive. I tend to use them as a "treat" vitamin to mix it up occassionally and get some variety.  But if you want more info, you can call bariatric advantage customer service toll free and speak to them about any concerns.

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Emjaye
on 3/24/14 12:24 pm - Canada

good to know....thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics