Feeling lost in the shuffle...

dolce1968
on 3/24/14 1:29 am

Hi everyone

Sorry to whine but I'm so lost right now that I don't know where to turn.  I recently went to see Dr Hagen due to some issues i have been having with an original stomach stapling surgery I had in the early  90s.  Dr Hagen said that I would need a revision because of all the problems and the weight gain.  I can't tell you how happy I was to hear him say that, I have been blaming myself for many things over the last few years especially my weight gain and this throwing up/suffering that I have endured for over 15 years.

Anyways, Dr H sent a referral in on my behalf and told me to follow up with his office in 7-10 days which I did.  They in turn told me to contact HRRH to check if they had received anything yet from the registry and they advised that they had not.  You see, last year my own family doctor sent in a referral but due to my dad failling serioiusly ill, I could not complete/go ahead with the process.

The problem is, I have left messages, sent emails and no one is getting back to me.  I just want to know what happened with the original referral as I was told they keep them for a year and it is under a year that the original was done, what has happened with the new referral, have I been lost in the shuffle somewhere?  You can't even get anyone at the registry as they tell you to contact your doctor who tells you to call HRRH who tells you to call your doctor again.

I haven't lost hope because I know I can be fixed but, I'm losing hope when it comes to the whole process.

Any suggestions?

L

Hanneli xoxo
on 3/24/14 1:40 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

I was told that the referral is only good for 6 months... you may need a new referral

dolce1968
on 3/24/14 2:07 am

Thank you.....FYI....you look INCREDIBLE! Kudos to you

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/14 1:45 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Email the registry with your name, address, DOB, phone number, health card number and ask them if they check on your referral.  You can give them your doctor's name that sent in the original referral.  You will get a reply saying nobody checks that email but usually within 48 hours you get a reply.  Just ask them if they have your referral and if so, which centre you are being referred to.

[email protected]

dolce1968
on 3/24/14 1:50 am

Thank you, I am going to send that email right now!  I hope they do get back to me.

I'm like little eager beaver ....lol

L

beme_atlast
on 3/24/14 2:06 am, edited 3/24/14 2:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

Just to help with your expectations...when I emailed the Bariatric Registry to see if they had rec'd my referral they got back to me in 3 days. In the email I also asked them to advise my Doctor and they did that for me as well.

Good luck...Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics