Help Needed

SassiestLassie
on 3/31/14 11:05 pm - Nepean, Canada

I'm asking help from persons at least 3 years out.  I have recently become so tired that its hard to straighten up..when standing.  I had blood work 2 months ago I fell in the lower range of normal but still normal.  I have been taking vit b12 s******tra iron pills and my bariatric vitamins.  I was feeling better but now am starting to feel beyond tired again.  Help...any suggestions

Caroline K.
on 4/1/14 6:15 am

What kind of iron are you taking? If it's an iron salt, you can't absorb it after RNY. I just saw a very interesting presentation from Leona Dove on Sunday that discusses iron issues for bariatric patients. You can find a copy of her slides under the "Documents" tab at http://www.cambridgewlssupportgroup.com/. She talks about the different types of iron, and what does/doesn't work for bariatric patients, plus that her group considers ferritin under 50 to be low, not the usual under 40.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

highlandbear
on 4/1/14 11:34 am - Canada

Go to your Doctor and ask for blood work to be done and see where everything is at. Make sure you ask for a copy to be sent to the clinic. Changes can happen in 2 months. Make sure your sugar is being tested also

Most Active
Recent Topics