scale has not budged in a month!!!

daisies109
on 4/4/14 7:14 am

Help!!!! I am 4and a half months post op and the scale has not moved!!! Is that it for me??

Daisies

Diminishing Dawn
on 4/4/14 7:38 am - Windsor, Canada

No.

But a month is a good amount of time. 

I'd review what you are eating in myfitnesspal.com and see what percentages you are at for fat/carbs/protein and how many calories you are taking in. It might be time to tune things up a bit.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

daisies109
on 4/4/14 7:50 am

Thanks Dawn...can you give me some advice as to what ratiois ideal for thia stage? 

Daisies

Leanne1
on 4/4/14 11:18 pm - Newmarket, Canada

40% protein/30% carbs/ 30% fats

You will be able to get these numbers by tracking in myfitnesspal or another food tracking website

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

JennR
on 4/4/14 11:35 pm
Are you exercising and drinking lots of water? I find that when I am not drinking water it makes a huge difference. I can eat perfectly but if not enough water the scale won't move.

daisies109
on 4/5/14 12:21 am

Thank you all for your support.  Im wondering if im not  getting enough water in. I still find it very hard to get all my fluids when im having to wait a half hr before/after eating. ..that has probably been the hardest rule for me...thanks again everyone! !

Daisies

JennR
on 4/5/14 12:38 am
I know what you mean. It's still a struggle for me especially during the winter months. Find something that works for you. Some people have their special water bottle or cup or buy yourself something new. For myself if I buy the 500 ml plastic water bottles and throw a couple drops of water flavouring I will easily drink 4-6 bottles everyday. I try to use the same bottle and just fill it from the tap, at least then I am not throwing so many bottles in the recycle bin but that's what works for me. I've bought nice hard plastic water bottles, they sit on my counter but the 500 ml thin plastic that is a garbage nightmare I will drink from. I do recycle like crazy though and like I said reuse 1 each day. It's what works for me.

White Dove
on 4/5/14 1:07 am - Warren, OH

First keep drinking up until you start eating.  There is no reason to not drink for 30 minutes before eating.  The important thing to track now is calories.  The people on this board who are successful are eating 600-800 calories a day. 

You are capable of eating a whole lot more than that and it will stall and finish your weight loss if you are not cutting the calories.  The first thing to do is get an honest look at what you are eating. 

If you want some personal help, PM me.  Drinking all the water in the world will not help you lose weight if you are taking in more calories than you are burning.  Surgery only helps to eat less.  We have to make the adjustments that are needed to lose the weight and then maintain that loss.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

HFA70
on 4/11/14 3:03 am

I'm 6 months out and have hit a stall.  After speaking to someone who has had the surgery, she has assured me that it's normal and will pass.  Don't eat any empty calories and continue with water intake and exercise was her suggestion.

Most Active
Recent Topics