Vitamins?

otmama
on 4/5/14 12:33 pm
RNY on 04/30/14

Hello all - I've searched through the forums and found a lot of posts about vitamins but nothing recent so I'm wondering if people can let me know what they are taking for vitamins - preferably chewable because I don't have my surgery until the end of the month.  Previous posts listed several brands Optisource, Opurity, Bariatric Fusion...  I also was given some samples called Bariatric Support from Twinlab.  Just wanted to pick your brains & get some recommendations! 

Orientation Session:  April 2013  Sleep Study:  July 1/13  Abdominal Ultrasound: July 16/13  Endoscopy: October 23/13  Pre-Surgical Class:  Dec 11/13  Surgeon:  Jan 6/14  PATTS:  April 4/14 Optifast: April 9/14  RNY Surgery: April 30/14

Zizzler
on 4/6/14 1:21 pm

I am pre-op but have decided to go with Wellesse liquid for calcium and D, Jamieson b12 strips 1000, and life brand spectrum chewable adult multivitamins. These are all listed the in the meal planner we received at our pre-op class in Ottawa. Have not seen the spectrum chewables yet so still looking for that one.  Btw, there is a sale on at Rexall Pharma Plus until April 10th on all Jamieson vitamins - it is buy one get one free.  Also pharmasave has 30% off of all Jamieson vitamins this week.  Bought my B12 today, good until summer next year so why not stock up right?  Now I am waiting for the Wellesse and spectrum to go on sale, as well as the Metamucil caplets.  best of luck to you and let us know what you decide.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Leanne1
on 4/7/14 9:54 pm - Newmarket, Canada

I used to get my Wellesse at Costco ... Big bottle (lasted 1month, I took 2tbsp/day) for $9

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Leanne1
on 4/7/14 9:57 pm - Newmarket, Canada

What centre are you with??

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

otmama
on 4/8/14 2:24 pm
RNY on 04/30/14

I'm having my surgery in Ottawa but I'm through the Kingston clinic.  I have all of my booklets with the suggestions but I see so much variation in what people report that they're taking!  I decided to go with the Opurity multi & their calcium as well.  I guess I'll just have to wait for blood work afterwards to see if I need anything further:) 

Orientation Session:  April 2013  Sleep Study:  July 1/13  Abdominal Ultrasound: July 16/13  Endoscopy: October 23/13  Pre-Surgical Class:  Dec 11/13  Surgeon:  Jan 6/14  PATTS:  April 4/14 Optifast: April 9/14  RNY Surgery: April 30/14

Most Active
Recent Topics