New from Elliot Lake

northernga1
on 4/6/14 10:57 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

hi everyone i'm from Elliot Lake and fairly new to the whole process.  I am looking for fellow people who live in Elliot Lake that have already had surgery or are in the process of getting their surgery.  Looking for local support & possibly new friendships.  

My referral was sent in on Feb 14th.  

4-Jane
on 4/7/14 7:21 am - Canada

Welcome I'm not from your area but wish you well on your journey I'm almost seven months post op

Respectfully Jane
Sherrylynn39
on 4/7/14 12:58 pm - Canada

I am from blind river just has sugary to day we can be friend and chat soon

Referral date: March 22, 2013 Orientation date: May 22,2013   Physiotherapist, Nurse Practitioner, Registered Dietitian and Social worker: Sept 11, 2013  Meeting Surgeon Dr. Allan Okrainec Video: Feb 28,2014 Surgery Date: April 7, 2014

NorthernGem
on 4/7/14 8:26 pm - Sudbury, Canada

Hi there Sudbury here Thought Id pop in and say Hello to you. I had the surgery done over 20 years ago and I am now in the process of having a revision done this Summer because of a Fistula ( hole ) in my old stomach  I just went to Orientation last week here in Sudbury and surgery will be in Toronto.  Feel free to add me if you like NorthernGa1

Referral July 2, 2012 * Ultrasound and Upper GI,  November 12, 2013 * Met Surgeon and Endoscopy, January 29, 2014  *Orientation April 2, 2014 *  Physiotherapist, *Social Worker,  April 25, 2014  * Nurse Practitioner, May 7, 2014  * Nutritionist, May 7, 2014  *Call from Pharmacist, May 8, 2014  * Breast Screening, May 9, 2014, * Sleep Study Test, May 16, 2014  *Surgery Date Fall / Winter 2014* 

on 4/7/14 11:14 pm - Canada

Hey northernga1 I too am from Elliot. My surgery is on April 22nd I am having the RNY done.  I have to be on the Optifast .900 liquid diet for 4wks.  Right now as of today I am starting week 3.  Yea!  The first 3 days were hard but it really did get better.  I will be going to St Josephs Hospital in Toronto.  My sergeon is Dr. David Lindsey.  He was also my daughter's sergeon.  The day I have my surgery it will  be exactly 6 months to the day that she had hers.  Her weight loss is now almost 150lbs and she looks and feels amazing.  Oh and she is also here in Elliot. Keep hanging in there.  I just wish I would have done this when I was younger.  All the years I have wasted in this oversized uncomfortable and unhealthy body.  Wow!  Oh well better late than never.  Chat anytime :-)  Val

amerbert
on 4/8/14 11:03 pm

Hi there! Another Sudbury girl here. I just had surgery last week and I am on the mend. It's nice to see so many northern faces on the forum. From referral to surgery it took approximately a year.

Good luck with your journey! Strap yourself in...it's going to be the ride of your life!

Amy

Most Active
Recent Topics