Follow up on Wed the 16th with Dietician, SW and Dr Glazer @HRRH - Becoming Impatient

Kwelbru
on 4/12/14 3:59 am - Canada

Its been a loooonggg wait since January last year.  even since I met my surgeon in December.   Just want a surgery date and to get going on with this.  

Here's hoping Wednesday is not a wash.

SURGERY @ HRRH with Dr STARR on May 23/14 >>ORIENTATION WEIGHT 372lbs // OPTIFAST START WEIGHT 334lbs // SURGERY WEIGHT  319 lbs  // 3 MOS POST-OP 261lbs

sellarsgal
on 4/12/14 6:50 am - Oshawa, Canada

Good luck with your appt, at least it's one step closer!

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

1HealthyMomma
on 4/12/14 10:37 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I feel your pain I to was referred last Jan. I don't meet RD, SW, and Nurse until June 17. I just keep telling myself to keep my eye on the prize and it will all be worth the wait.  Take care and good luck with your appointments.

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

EllenMW
on 4/12/14 8:51 pm

here's a bit of info if it helps.  The Dietician and SW will tell you at the end of your appt. that you will hear from the surgeons office in about 2 wks time.   DON'T WAIT...go home and phone the surgeons office yourself, and make an appt.  by the time they get you in which may not be even 2wks...they will have all the reports from the clinic!!! 

Good luck!!

Sunny days Ahead
on 4/13/14 2:33 am - Canada

I'm new here my ref was just sent in.  My family Dr told me it could be a month before he hears of a date and the whole process could take 8-12 months.  But you poor thing have been waiting a lot longer.  Is it normal to take over a year, almost 2.... Is my family Dr dreaming? Lol

taniagirlca
on 4/13/14 4:05 am

I am still waiting and its been 14 months since referral :(

EllenMW
on 4/13/14 9:24 pm

Hi Bayla, it will take about that much time for the dr to hear if you have been accepted into the program, once you are, and know where abouts it will take place, you can phone leave a message to get into the next orientation.  be proactive, I wish I had been a bit more so...I was accepted into the program last may, and had I known I would have phoned instead of waiting for a phone call...but anyway, I have my Date Oct 7th, so it will be almost a full year since I had orientation by that point!!  Good luck to you!

Kwelbru
on 4/15/14 12:13 pm - Canada

Thanks everyone for your support.   Good thing about the wait is I lost another 8lbs last month on my own.  Feeling better about my accomplishments. Wrote them all down so I don't forget to tell the dietician

SURGERY @ HRRH with Dr STARR on May 23/14 >>ORIENTATION WEIGHT 372lbs // OPTIFAST START WEIGHT 334lbs // SURGERY WEIGHT  319 lbs  // 3 MOS POST-OP 261lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics