2 weeks post op

Maggie428
on 4/29/14 10:30 pm - Kingston, Canada

Good morning everyone. So today is officially my two weeks post op and already I have stalled... I haven't lost any weight since last Friday.  Is this normal? I actually feel sad. 

Maggie...Life is too short to hide the sparkle you have within....

LilyBugsMommy
on 4/29/14 11:06 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Very normal...you can search stalls on here and find a lot of info about them...when they tend to happen, how long they last, etc. Just keep in mind, everyone's journey is different so your stalls will happen when they happen and will last as long as they are going to last. Just stick to the plan and it will all work out

Good luck!

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Maggie428
on 4/29/14 11:32 pm - Kingston, Canada

Thanks for letting me know...sometimes self doubt is the worst enemy!

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/14 11:09 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi Maggie,

I hear that is normal.  I stalled for a few days then this morning down two pounds.  

How are things aside from this?  Are you able to walk a lot, as apparently this helps!  Any pain still or are you pain free? 

I am still only able to take shorter walks and one half hour a day, but having some pain still which makes it quite hard.  Sitting  down is still difficult.  Going to do a shake day today to see if the pain is from food choices which are perhaps causing too much gas or the operation itself.

Hope otherwise things are good, and don't worry about the stall it will pick up again.

regards,

Kelly

Maggie428
on 4/29/14 11:31 pm - Kingston, Canada

Hi Kelly,

i still have discomfort and I have an open incision that isn't helping much. I am walking and it is slow and tiring but I do it. I just started driving again this week. I guess I just thought these first few weeks would be amazing weight loss and I am a bit disappointed but that was my unrealistic thought process I guess. Food wise, I have tried a few things different here and there...chicken is fine, veggies not so much and I haven't tried many carbs yet. Usually it's eggs or cream of rice in the mornings but I am finding it hard to get in all my calcium supplement (3 times a day). I just don't have time! Lol

I know what you mean about pain sitting down...sitting up straight is not good for me yet it pulls on my incision. What foods have you tried? I hope your shake day helps!

hugs!

m

on 4/29/14 11:48 pm - Canada

Hey Maggie I hear ya im 9 days out and I havent lost any at all yet.  I lost 45lbs on the opti but since my surgery nothing, nada!  It does play with your head.  I was expecting for it to just start rolling off but nothing.  Oh well I always knew I was a bit odd lol.  Im sticking to the plan I know it has to move sometime.  :-)  Val

Maggie428
on 4/30/14 1:50 am - Kingston, Canada

Val! How are you feeling??  45 on opti? That is amazing!!!!!

on 4/30/14 3:37 am - Canada

Hey Maggie im feeling great!  My side is still a little tender but otherwise im good.  How about you?  Bummed I havent lost anything yet though.  Trying to change up my menu from the book make my breakfast supper and my lunch my breakfast etc.  Rotten weather eh?  :-) 

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/14 2:32 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Hi,

In terms of calcium when I went to my check up the nurse told me there was an error in my book and to take two calcium pills (Opurity Calcium and Vit D) twice a day and not three three times a day.  I take one multi with B12 and Iron, again Opurity (Unjury brand).  I find having five pills a day only helps and am glad I ordered the brand I did from online at Unjury.  I find sitting very painful and you are lucky you can drive.  I tried and can go a block or two then it hurts.  

I really understand why they said to take one month of work...

In terms of food it is a struggle.  I continue with the protein shakes and try to add small things.  yesterday I had canned salmon and it did not sit very well.  Tomato soup seems acceptable and soft cheese and greek yogurt.  Today I may try canned turkey....

I think we need to remember it is a marathon not a sprint...I keep having to remind myself this when I struggle to walk for a half hour and before I could run on my eliptical machine at level 14 for 30 min.   

I hope you continue your good progress and take care.

Kelly

KerryF.
on 4/30/14 3:51 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Hi Kelly 

which Hospital are you working with? Toronto Western Hospital just started the 3 doses of Calcium a day last October it's new and the Nutritionist has tripled checked with me to ensure I'm doing the 3 doses a day.  so it's important to clarify rules you follow with rules others may have to follow with their clinics.

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Most Active
Recent Topics