New Here .... Just starting my journey!

coop1977
on 5/12/14 10:22 am - Canada

Hi all, I am 36 ... Mom to 4 kids ...... I am in the beginning stages of this journey!  Got my doctor to send referral March 11 ..... Waited till end of April to hear anything.  Got a call saying they received my referral and were sending out my package ... Wow paperwork!  LOL. 

My doctor sent me for the blood work that was requested and an ECG .... And filled out the doctors portion of the paper work .... All has been sent back ..... Now I wait to get an orientation appointment!   I want to get the ball rolling but I know this process takes awhile but is so worth the wait!

For those of you that have had surgery .... How long from orientation till surgery?  

Thanks so much!  Been a lurker for a few days and thought I better introduce myself! 

Janet

Buckeye
on 5/12/14 11:31 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/26/14

Welcome Janet, all centres are different in waiting times but you can see my journey below in my signature for Hamilton Centre. Enjoy the journey...it moves pretty fast.

Brian 

Zizzler
on 5/12/14 12:09 pm

Welcome to the Ontario forum.  Which centre are you out of?  This forum is an excellent place for information an support along this wild ride leading to surgery.  Best of luck to you with your orientation date.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

coop1977
on 5/12/14 12:13 pm - Canada

Since I live in the middle of no where ..... I think my orientation will be in Sudbury ( a 5 hr drive away), along with all the other appointments ..... Surgery will be in Toronto but won't know till after orientation ..... 

.... I am so ready!

janet

gonna_B_thinner
on 5/12/14 12:10 pm

Welcome Janet I'm out of Guelph and it seems to take about a year, that seems to be the average.

northernga1
on 5/12/14 9:23 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

welcome i'm pretty new too, i just got my call for orientation in Sudbury for July 30th & my referral was sent in Feb 14th.  It depends on how fast your referral and paper work was sent in for when they call for orientation.  Some where some how my paper work was lost i am assuming because Sudbury did not receive my papers that my doctor filled out.  I would call Sudbury center to make sure they received your papers.

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Jiliana2
on 5/12/14 10:00 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Welcome to the party! Congrats on getting the referral and hopefully you can get some info about your orientation in the package you will receive. (That's how it worked for me anyway.)

My timeline is in my signature, but it varies dependent on where you live in Ontario. I'm in Ottawa, and here, it's super slow. Patience is a virtue though, and like so many others, I got through it. You will too!

Nice to have you here, Janet!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Linsie
on 5/13/14 12:51 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

Hi Janet,

Speaking from someone in the Guelph Bariatric centre, my first appointment (there are so many...), was August of 2012 and my surgery is booked for next Thursday. Just under 2 years for me.

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/14 1:12 am

Hi & welcome. Timing varies for everyone. It depends on alot of things such as your test results, any follow ups that may happen due to those tests, sleep study, blood work, ultra sounds, upper gi ..ect..... also depends on how many people are a head of you, if there are more critical patients ahead of you, there are so many factors. All in all we all have to wait our turns. But in the mean time, educate yourself on the process, feel free to ask questions ect... good luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics