Feeling great 3 days out.

Kwelbru
on 5/26/14 12:34 am - Canada

Hi my surgery went well with Dr Starr at HRRH.  Experiencing a bi of gas pain but no incision pain, have taken pain meds since Saturday night!  I m on full fluids and keeping everything down.  Nothing has disagreed with me.   Had a bit of an issue with aspartame but no issue with stevia. 

After 3 weeks of Optifast I thoroughly enjoyed a 1/2 cup of Quaker oats with milk and no sugar added maple syrup.  Looking forward to my cream of mushroom soup for lunch.  

Life is great and I've already lot 3.5 lbs.   

And did I mention?  You all  look fabulous today. 

Kim

SURGERY @ HRRH with Dr STARR on May 23/14 >>ORIENTATION WEIGHT 372lbs // OPTIFAST START WEIGHT 334lbs // SURGERY WEIGHT  319 lbs  // 3 MOS POST-OP 261lbs

OneByte
on 5/26/14 1:07 am - Milton, Canada
RNY on 05/21/14

That's great to hear! Sounds like my journey thus far too. I woke up in recovery and asked the nurses if I was on pain meds, because I had no pain. Haven't had any pain at all, and haven't touched any pain meds. 

I totally know what that first serving of oatmeal was like for you.. I was on Opti for 5 weeks. It was like the best thing I've ever had :) I haven't been "seasoning" it, but I will be now. 

I've been home since Friday morning and I'm down 10lbs from then. 

Patm
on 5/26/14 1:08 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad all went well. Almost anything would taste awesome after Opti. LOL

MarkES
on 5/26/14 10:06 am - Oshawa, Canada

WooHooo...  

Ref Jul 4, 2012,  Orientation Aug 27,  Surgeon Aug 31, RD Sept 18,  SW RD & RN Oct 18, Internist Nov 5, Surgeon Nov 21,  PATTS Nov 29, Surgery Dec 14,2012 (HRRH - Dr Sohi).

Most Active
Recent Topics