Purchasing Vitamins & Supplies in Canada Feedback Needed!

pugalootz
on 6/11/14 8:29 am - Canada

Hey all!   

Wondered where the best place you have found to buy the latest and greatest vitamins and all the paraphernalia needed for your post op journey?

I buy most of mine online, and sadly from the USA. I find it hard to get the right vitamins here that are made specifically for "us".  Things like Celebrate, Bariatric Advantage, Adore Calcium and CLICK I can't find in Canada easily.  SOMETIMES on Amazon Canada but not always and not for an affordable price! There has to be an online, low carb, protein friendly, WLS friendly supplier in CANADA?!  Help!

I'd love lots of feedback!  

Caroline K.
on 6/11/14 9:29 am

I just recently discovered that Bariatric Advantage now sells to Canada (just go to their web site and change the country), so you can order their vitamins; however, I think the shipping is rather pricy unless you go for their automatic refill service. You might be able to find some of the same stuff through other Canadian online vitamin shops.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

pugalootz
on 6/11/14 9:32 am - Canada

Yes the shipping from the states is def a deterrent.  I often order from USA sites and ship to a USA mailbox and drive over to pick it up.

Mary A.
on 6/11/14 11:52 pm
On June 11, 2014 at 4:29 PM Pacific Time, Caroline K. wrote:

I just recently discovered that Bariatric Advantage now sells to Canada (just go to their web site and change the country), so you can order their vitamins; however, I think the shipping is rather pricy unless you go for their automatic refill service. You might be able to find some of the same stuff through other Canadian online vitamin shops.

Yes you only get a lower price if you do autoship..but just so you you know, you can say autoship in 3 months and then call a week before that and say I would like to postpone my shipment for an additional 5 weeks...(no problem)..I do it all the time

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

michellecowles
on 6/11/14 10:12 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/13/14

I bought mine from opurity.com , they are a site that the hospital recommends. Shipping is about 15.00 but i bought enough to last me 3 months! and it is the only multivitamin that you only have to take once a day instead of twice. 

SURGERY: Jun13, 2014  Starting Weight: 370lbs, Current Weight: 198lbs, Goal Weight: 180lbs

otmama
on 6/11/14 10:53 am
RNY on 04/30/14

I buy mine through Opurity as well but be aware of potential  duty charges!!!  I only ever spent the $18 shipping and it came right to my door but my last order was a large one (total was around $260 - vitamins & protein powder) but to my surprise it was accompanied by a $45 duty charge!!!!  on top of my $18 shipping!! Arghhhh!

Orientation Session:  April 2013  Sleep Study:  July 1/13  Abdominal Ultrasound: July 16/13  Endoscopy: October 23/13  Pre-Surgical Class:  Dec 11/13  Surgeon:  Jan 6/14  PATTS:  April 4/14 Optifast: April 9/14  RNY Surgery: April 30/14

LilyBugsMommy
on 6/11/14 10:16 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

You don't have to purchase special vitamins. I used Opurity in the beginning, but the found that I wasn't getting enough B12 & needed to take extra anyways, so, I just switched over to vitamins I can purchase here. I now take the following:

Morning: 2 One-A-Day Women's Over 50 Multi (this gives me the iron I need) & 1 sublingual B12 1000mcg from Costco

Afternoon: 2 Calcium Citrate & 4 D3 (1000 IU), both from Costco

Evening: 2 Calcium Citrate & 4 D3 (1000 IU), both from Costco

With this regime, my bloodwork has been perfect. It looks like a lot of D3, but from what I have read, we need it post-op. Check out PoetKelly on the RNY Forum for more info on vitamins.

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

Most Active
Recent Topics