What ive already learned:)

Cartysmom
on 6/15/14 11:01 am - Canada

Well... Im on day 3 of Opti and know i still have lots to go but this is what ive learned already...

1. Dont mix opti with extra water, it just makes more to drink

2. Dont "toot" on opti.... I had an unfortunate incident!:) definitely NOT  constipated:)

3. Chocolate opti is not good all by itself:( but if enjoyable with mint extract

4. Warm Opti is TERRIBLE! Threw up in my mouth a bit

5.  Mix crystal lite in water BEFORE u add the opti powder or u will get a clumpy mess

6. IM stronger than i thought, no problems yet and day 3 down only 18 more to go!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!!!:)

gonna_B_thinner
on 6/15/14 11:39 am

I hear ya lol I'm on day 4 and I can relate to most of your points, unfortunately your number two is one that happened to me too lol. Thank goodness I was at home.  So far I'm surviving too hate the yucky after taste more than the drinks themselves.  I'm very glad I didn't buy more than one case of the chocolate.  I have found that making the chocolate into a pudding and eating it at supper time helps a lot when my family is eating supper.  Tonight my mouth was watering while they eat bbq chicken,potatoes,onions.and veggies and my mother law brought them pie too.  There I sat with my chocolate opti pudding. Oh well on the plus side I've lost 8 lbs so far. Take care 

Cartysmom
on 6/15/14 10:03 pm - Canada

Gonna_B_thinner,

how do u make the pudding? I unfortunately bought 3 boxes of chocolate cause people seemed to like it better:( have lots to drink up!!! Ahhhhh but im happy to say ive lost 9 lbs too:) couldnt believe it!!!!!! We are on our way!!!! Thanks Katherine:)

gonna_B_thinner
on 6/15/14 10:39 pm

For the pudding just add less water.  It's not great but at least you feel like your eating but I tried the vanilla as pudding and didn't like it but might be better if you add cinnamon or something else.  

startingmynewlife
on 6/15/14 11:22 pm

I start on Thursday - good tips :)

Jiliana2
on 6/15/14 11:53 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

To relieve your #2 issue, my centre in Ottawa said that for either the Opti-trots OR for constipation while on Opti, take 2 Metamucil capsules with each shake. We were allowed to take up to 5 capsules per shake, to ensure that we didn't have those problems. I was taking about 10-11 capsules per day with the Opti and it really helped. Just thought I'd pass that along in case it might help you.

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Monica M.
on 6/16/14 1:14 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

never ever ever, and i repeat, ever trust a fart.

Most Active
Recent Topics