1st Family doctor appointmen after surgery

Almostthere1966
on 7/4/14 7:11 am - Canada

As a first liner hhahah this is going to be a lengthy post.

Sit down, put your feet up and  laugh, cry and scream and then hug. OK?

Lets begin with very early yesterday morning about 430 1/4 to 5 am Horrifieing screams of terror are heard in my apartment building right before the fire alarm is pulled.My guys are sound asleep and I am sitin bolt upriht in my chair bed when wafts of extrely black smoke with a horrifid acid plastic nasauting smell starts filling my apartment. I wake my family up nd ask them what do we do? So we dont panick or go rushing about seeing as they are just wking up and my back and tummy re sore from surgery. Place wet cloths at botom of doors then carefully check windows to see what should be done open or closed.. Long story short the apartment right below us was on fire and the stair well was filled with the black acidic poison smoke and elevators are closed down. We then caroled our kitties 2 of them into the boarding kennel and all of us proceeded out onto the balcony with jammies and wet cloths and a mop handle with a white cloth to signle we were here and could not get out. We were yelled to stay put and wait until they tell us to go back into our apartment as the fire was towards the back of the apartment below us not the side of the balcony. We did finally get back in around 930 am and bein opening windows and doors to et the smoke out we were not harmed badly just scared and shaken up. The people down stairs did not do as ood. All people were ok except the father who is unconscious in the hospital, his daughters and ex wife are ok and 2 of his 4 dogs and 2 of his 13 cats. the rest of his pets perished.

Today has been better the offical cleaning crew and fire department are here cleaning everythin and disposing of alot.

We went to my first family doctor appointment after the surgery. Hahhah then got told we had no appointment but if we could wait another hour and a half they would squeese me in.Of course I said yes cause there was so much to tell him and update him on. SOOOOOOO the bestest part is coming The first thing that is done is of course the weightOMG I just got weighed 2 days ago so was not expecting any changes, 298.4 pounds ahhhhhh my legs wont jump any more hahah but it has been nearly 2 years since I have been below 300 pounds so celebrate celbrate yeahhhhhhhhhhhh Ice water ffor everybody. Then stiches were removed and double checked yeahhhhhhhh stingy yeahhhhh all done and meds adjusted to 3 more less

So folks, there ya go he good, The Bad and the Ugly.

Quick question.When on the fluid diet after surgery can you or should you have water with your boost drink and jello or cream of wheat. Or should I start separateing water from the other liquids in the diet?

Thanks all

Take care and Stay safe, Have fun

Chat soon

Kathy

Karen M.
on 7/4/14 8:19 am, edited 7/4/14 8:22 am - Mississauga, Canada

You lost me at 13 cats in an apartment.

Congrats on the weight loss - I'm sure it feels great.

At this point, on fluids, don't worry too much about separating water from others - just try to get it all in.

K.

Edited to add: And 4 DOGS TOO.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

highlandbear
on 7/4/14 8:31 am - Canada

Not her Karen the person under her where the fire was. Hard to believe that they would allow that many animals in a place. Crazy. I do feel sorry for the animals that were lost.

Karen M.
on 7/4/14 8:33 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, I realize that. lol

Karen

Almostthere1966
on 7/4/14 9:26 am - Canada

I know I to was shocked and sadened (sp) by it all and angry the Gentleman put my life n my familys  life in danger  but mostly devastated that I was not capable of at least getting down the stairs to  help the family. The horrific terror filled screams simply will never go away I hear them all the time now and cry for them and all the animals. Turns out we did not know he was  known as an animal horder trying to help all stray animals by giving them a home in his home.

Kathy

Karen M.
on 7/4/14 9:30 am - Mississauga, Canada

So sad, Kathy. I'm grateful to know that you and your family are okay. xo

Karen

Patm
on 7/4/14 10:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

What a horrible experience. I am glad you and your fsmily are okay. Keep up the great work on your diet

Almostthere1966
on 7/4/14 12:05 pm - Canada

Thanks everybody I just cant believe how everything has been going since just before the surgery ehheh Good, Bad and Good again. I am greatful I can kinda rqmble a bit to release the feelings also and am more then will to offer advice  or information if and when I can.

We all have our own lives and many different things going on so Maybe my experiences can assist others n over coming obstacles and rejoiceing in the good and even better shareing with people who understand.

Thanks

LOL after rereading my post I have come to realize I need a new keyboard LMAO

Another step down the road folks

Kathy

Mary A.
on 7/9/14 5:46 am

wow and some people think their day sucks...congrats on having your scale move and more importantly that everyone was safe.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics