Need your opinion...Head Hunger or Real Hunger???

beme_atlast
on 8/1/14 4:45 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

So...I'm really hungry. Tuesday the 29th, was my 3 mth surgiversay. All has been going well. I have never been hungry since I had my RNY...until now.  On Weds the 30th I had to have a planned surgery at Sunnybrook. This was unrelated to any bariatric surgery (female stuff) and i was under a general anestheic and intubated. I went home the same day.  Since then I've been starving. I weighed my self as soon as I got home and had gained a couple of pounds which I assume was from the intravenous. I have been eating high protein/low carb, sticking to my healthy foods just eating more of them.  

Does this sound normal?  Is it head hunger or real hunger?  Will the hunger go away again? The only thing I can think of is that my body is trying to replace lost energy...What do you guys think???

Jane

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

Catw
on 8/1/14 5:15 am - Arnprior, Canada

Part of it could be your body wanting more for energy.  How is your water intake?  It could also be your body also wanting extra water. 

Cathy

beme_atlast
on 8/3/14 2:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/29/14

Thanks...you were righ****er helped alot.

HW-414, Start Opti-398, PS-369.1,GW-170... SURGERY Dr.Klein-Apr 29/14!!! 

1HealthyMomma
on 8/1/14 5:16 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I don't have any answers for you Jane but wanted to say hi and I hope you get the answers you need. I'm glad your surgery went well.

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

sellarsgal
on 8/1/14 8:27 am - Oshawa, Canada

Hi Jane, I would listen to your body and eat a bit more to see if that helps. It just might be a temporary thing. You'll know in a couple of days if it what you need or not.

HRRH -Orientation Nov  25, Dr. Sohi Jan 17, RN,SW,Dietician Feb 19, Dr Glazer Mar 5, Dr Sohi March 12. Surgery May 28th

Most Active
Recent Topics