Sudbury ... Got my call for appointments!

coop1977
on 8/8/14 1:28 am - Canada

Hi all,

Just had my orientation 2 days ago and they called this morning with my next appointments ... I meet with the Dietician, Nurse Practitioner, and Social Worker ... Feb 27 th ..... Although I am disappointed that I have to wait 6.5 mths ... I am excited to have the dates ...

I asked about Thunder Bay as I am only 5 hours away but I would have to start all over .... So I will stick with Sudbury with Surgery in TO.

Janet 

northernga1
on 8/8/14 2:13 am, edited 8/8/14 2:15 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

had my orientation on July 30th and got my call Wednesday for my one on ones for Feb 16, 2015 (which would be 1 year since my referral feb 14th 2014) Hopefully the process after the 1 on 1's is fast after that.  In orientation they were saying the appointments would be likely be in September or October really do not like how they "lied" to us about that if they were unsure they should have just not answered us. I was so disappointed when she said Feb 16th.  I guess this extra long wait will better prepare us for surgery (trying to think positive)

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

coop1977
on 8/8/14 3:16 am - Canada

Yes, let's hope it goes faster after the one on ones!

janet

Karen K.
on 8/8/14 9:09 am - Ontatio, Canada

Does anyone know the timeframe for after the one on one appointments in Sudbury? Karen M

Wesley T.
on 8/8/14 2:53 am - Canada

CONGRATULATIONS Janet!!! I know that is a long time. I can only imagine their lists though, as the Public is more aware of this life-altering, life-style changing surgery. 

I have had my Referral sent as well Feb 14, and my Orientation is on Sep 03, and I had asked about a month ago to be on the cancellation list. 

In the meantime I'd really like to start some sort of scrap-booking, self journey. Now is the time as I am sure it will fly by. 

Th

coop1977
on 8/8/14 3:15 am - Canada

Thanks!

Wes, I thought of you on Wednesday as we had 2 people not show ..... If only they would cancel so people on the cancellation list had a chance of going sooner!  

Janet

northernga1
on 8/8/14 3:57 am - Elliot Lake, Canada
On August 8, 2014 at 10:15 AM Pacific Time, coop1977 wrote:

Thanks!

Wes, I thought of you on Wednesday as we had 2 people not show ..... If only they would cancel so people on the cancellation list had a chance of going sooner!  

Janet

there was 4 people who did not show up or cancel for the orientation in sudbury i went to on July 30th. Orientation should be the first step not every one decides to go threw with it after they attend the orientation.  But waiting almost 6 month's for an orientation some people already decide to not go threw at all.  Would it not speed it up if you attended an orientation within a month or two of your original referral date for those who decide not to go any further.  Speeds up the time for 1 on 1's also,  i under stand you can decide not to go further at any given time but holding back the orientation which is where they tell you everything about the surgery and what it involves (not everyone reseachs everything involve before orientation)

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

coop1977
on 8/8/14 4:29 am - Canada

I agree .... My referral was March 11 of this yr ... So 5 month wait till orientation ... And now 6.5 months till the one on ones .... I will be patient but it does suck!

maybe they should call to confirm a few days before ... So that they can find out who isn't coming ( ideally people should call to cancel) and allow us that WANT this to move along the process! 

Karen M.
on 8/8/14 6:43 am - Mississauga, Canada

A very smart, logical idea. (Which sounds not a lot like our government mostly lol)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Wesley T.
on 8/9/14 1:34 am - Canada

LOL Our Government is not Logical Karen, but the surgery IS!

Most Active
Recent Topics