H PYLORI - Final Surgeon Appt Sept 4

dolce1968
on 8/13/14 1:42 am

I finally have completed all my appointments except to meet with Dr Hagen one final time on Sept 4th.  Nurse advised me that I would need two week supply of OPTI according to my weight 227lbs.

I'm a little concerned as Dr Glazier (Internist) informed me that I have H Pylori (showed up in my bloodwork).  Not sure if this is a concern but has started me on a 7 day treatment of 4 different antibiotics twice a day.  Its odd as I haven't had any symptoms that H Pylori generally consists of.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Oh yes, anyone else going to be at Dr H's on Sept 4th around 11am?  I'm also attending the meeting at HRRH on August 27th, I hear they have valueable information.

Laura

NewMe2.0
on 8/13/14 1:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Hello... I tested positive for H Pylori while going through my initial appointments at Guelph.  I also had no symptoms. Apparently it is quite common.  I took the antibiotics then had to do a 'balloon' test - done in the nuclear medicine dept of a hospital.  You drink a small bit of fluid (I think it has traces of radiation, but not sure)..and blow into a foil helium type balloon.  That is then sent off for testing.  Apparently once you test positive for H Pylori, you will continue to test positive in blood work.  It was a simple test, and I have since had my surgery.

Good luck to you...

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

1HealthyMomma
on 8/13/14 2:25 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I was just wondering what meeting is on Aug. 27th. I am pre op and would be interested in all the information I can get.

Thanks Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

DeeMishka
on 8/13/14 3:58 am
RNY on 08/08/14

I was also through HRRH and had Dr Glazer as my internist and I tested positive for H Pylori as well I took the antibiotics and nothing else came of it. I had my final bloodwork done 3wks before my surgery and they never said anything else about it. And I just had my surgery on Friday the 8th. I was told it's very common and many people have it without symptoms I never had any symptoms.

dolce1968
on 8/14/14 3:28 am

Thanks everyone for your information, i was getting concerned that something was seriously wrong with me.

As for the Group Sessions, you must be a patient of HRRH, they are held every last wednesday of the month and you need to register by calling their bariatric clinic

1HealthyMomma
on 8/14/14 1:52 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Oh Thanks, I'm registered for the one in my town, thought HRRH as well. I thought I was missing information...lol

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

JElizabeth00
on 8/19/14 6:12 am - Brantford, Canada
RNY on 09/02/14

Read this post happy things are moving for you, I always thought I was one of the smaller ladies on the fourm. Happy that I have another at the same weight range as me :) I'm about 210-220lbs when I started this out I was about  245lbs though. I hope everything goes well for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics