Low Carb Grocery store- suggestions??

NewMe2.0
on 8/14/14 6:03 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Hello...Have heard a few people on here mention this place, and have been perusing their site.  I am thinking of the shiritaki noodles for sure...

What if anything can you recommend?

Thanks, Vicky

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 6:15 am - Toronto, Canada

OMG rinse those noodles SO WELL. they stink so bad. Once rinsed throughly, they are awesome, and they have zero calories, ZERO, unless you buy the tofu ones, which I never have. If you can get over the initial smell, they are amazing and filling. I would suggest dry frying them. I used them in pasta like ' dishes, stir frys, and soups, They're so versatile. 

mellabella115
on 8/14/14 6:21 am - North York, Canada

Yes those noodles are good...i think the brand i had was called miracle noodles lol...but yes they smell disgusting!  I just open the package turn my head away making sure I don't catch a whiff lol and drop them in the strainer under running water and I let them rinse for a good 3 minutes. ...they absorb any flavors you put with them which is great. I buy them at Low Carb Canada which is in Scarborough not sure if the do anything online but they do have a website,  check it out :)

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 6:29 am - Toronto, Canada

I buy them at the low carb grocery online, they even take interact e-payments, for those who may not have/ or don't want to use a credit card.

But yeah, stinky little things.

NewMe2.0
on 8/14/14 7:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Thanks Lynne...for some reason OH is not letting me respond in order...

Have you tried anything else from this store?

Vicky

NewMe2.0
on 8/14/14 7:18 am, edited 8/14/14 7:19 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14
NewMe2.0
on 8/14/14 7:23 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Having troubles with OH...lol

I didn't realize there were 2 stores...will check that one out as well.  Have you tried anything else from there?

Thanks for the tip with the noodles..

LittleMiss2013
on 8/14/14 8:15 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

If you're talking about Low Carb Canada....I love that store. I wasn't a big fan of the Shiritaki noodles they smelled like fish and it grossed me out....but I did see someone bought these black been noodles....I haven't tried them myself  but they are on my list - http://www.lowcarbcanada.ca/collections/pasta-noodles/produc ts/explore-asian-organic-black-bean-spaghetti-7-05-oz

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

NewMe2.0
on 8/14/14 8:51 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

I am definitely going to rethink the shiritaki noodles..lol.

These ones look good...lots of protein.  Will have to browse this store some more and see what else I can come up with.

Thanks..

TES
on 8/14/14 9:15 am - Ottawa, Canada

They have some tortilla wraps that have a decent amount of protein in them (Mama Lupe I think?).  They taste pretty good and are a good choice if you're craving bread-like things.  

Most Active
Recent Topics