Football Season is starting soon- Game day snack ideas?

redviking
on 8/27/14 6:17 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

My fantasy football draft is on Monday.  The plan is to get together and order pizza   I don't want to miss the party, but I'm obviously not going to eat the pizza.  Any suggestions for what I can bring to feel like I'm not missing out when I'm with my football fan friends this season?  It's at a friend's place so I could use their kitchen. 

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Karen M.
on 8/27/14 6:38 am - Mississauga, Canada

Ooooh, I love an appe-teaser party myself! No need for pizza (unless it's just the toppings, depends which stage you're at, but the toppings are the best part anyway). You could make a pizza to share with a cauliflower crust, dips are great to share when you're wise about what you're dipping, chicken wings are always good (homemade though so they're not fried), make your own tortilla chips using small whole wheat flour tortillas (cut into triangles, spray with a little PAM, sprinkle with spices and bake)... the list is endless.

Check out these yummy ideas!

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Mrs_Rolo
on 8/27/14 10:47 pm - Waterloo, Canada

Hi Sonja,  I like to make my own pizza using Haddad High Protein Pita Bread (I found them at Zehrs & Food Basics).  One 1/2 has 50 cal, 1g fat, 8g carbs, 5g fiber, 5g protein.Use a low sugar pizza sauce,  chop veggies small (so that they cook enough) few slices of turkey pepperoni & top with skim milk mozzarella cheese.  I use a whole pita and save at least half for another meal.  I heat it on pizza tray lined with parchment paper for easy clean up.  Hope this helps!

Paulette

highlandbear
on 8/29/14 10:35 am - Canada

If you really do not want to cook but want to feel part of the group Fortino's make chicken wings baked which are pretty good. Get some celery and carrots and make sticks and you are set.

Most Active
Recent Topics