High level Liver MCH

franky13
on 9/5/14 1:48 am

1 yr post op - always been low iron - taking supplements

Now 1 yr post op I have elevated liver enzymes "MCH"

anyone have experience with this??

TIA

Referred September 2012, HHRH Orientation December 2012, Meet with surgeon January 2013, Meet with and testing with Dr Glazer May 2013, PATTS July 4, 2013 - 325lbs, Surgery HRRH August 1st, 2013 - 299lbs, second surgery late August 2nd to drain fluid, Discharged August 5th - 294lbs, reached 1/2 way to goal at 16 wks, MOM of three kids, married for 13 years :)

LittleMiss2013
on 9/6/14 11:55 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I noticed nobody answered your post so I will throw in what I know.

I have not had this experience yet myself though I will be coming up on my 1 year in a little over a month. HOWEVER...I have heard that high Liver enzymes can be common in WLS patients due to the large amount of protein/fat they process....OR right after surgery because they use a liver retractor to move the liver and that can cause an elevation. You being a year out...I can't say if it's still "common" or not to be honest.

Do you still have your gallbladder? It could be a gallstone...also common after WLS. I had mine removed pre-op.

You can take NAC (N-acetyl Cysteine) which can be found in health stores or some regular stores where you buy vitamins. It helps your liver out by producing more glutathione. This I DO know, because I take it on and off...and have spoken to several (4) dr's about it....but ask your own as well. 

Also, if you are taking anything that has Acetaminophen in it, I would look at talking to your Dr about chancing that until your liver can get back to it's normal happy place =) Goodluck

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics