Are plastics covered by OHIP

Mary A.
on 9/29/14 1:28 am

from the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (OHIP)

[PDF] Appendix D - Ontario

www.health.gov.on.ca/english/providers/program/ohip/.../append.pdf Appendix D April 1, 2012 ..... Panniculectomy is only insured in the following cir****tances and when ... approval of the General Manager of OHIP is required.

SUB-SURFACE PATHOLOGY

16. Excision of excess fatty tissue and/or skin

a. Panniculectomy is only insured in the following cir****tances and when prior authorization of payment is obtained from the MOHLTC:

i. where there is significant associated symptomatology related to the pannus;

ii. where the pannus extends to a level below the pubis symphysis; and

iii. where the patient’s weight has been stable for a minimum of 6 months when panniculectomy is requested in relation to weight loss.

b. Excision of excess fatty tissue and/or skin other than for panniculectomy is not an insured service.

[Commentary:

Examples of significant clinical symptomatology include significant pain, chronic skin breakdown, and recurrent cellulitis and/or ulcers.]

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

cutekatie
on 9/29/14 1:44 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I had a tummy tuck in August and paid out of pocket because I did not meet the requirements of it being covered by OHIP. My pannus didn't hang low enough, I didn't ever have rashes, back pain, etc.

My surgery cost $12000 and included a fleur de lis tummy tuck, muscle repair, mons lift, and liposuction. I went to two surgeons and both quoted about the same amount.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Most Active
Recent Topics