How to find post-op meal ideas

pink7sadie
on 10/12/14 10:04 pm

I am going through my journey at HRRH.  I have my surgery booked for March 10 2015   Do you get a post op "meal plan"?  

I know that there have been so many threads on eating here, how do you sift through them all to find the ones that are applicable to your stage?  Are there meals / recipe ideas?  I'm not looking forward to the pureed stage.

REFERRED: June 19, 2013, ORIENTATION: September 23, 2013,1st SURGEON (Dr. KLEIN) APPT. October 10, 2013 RN / SW / NUT: December 20, 2013 DR. GLAZER: January 7, 2014 2nd SW / NUT: February 14, 2013, 2nd SURGEON (Dr. KLEIN) APPT. March 31, 2014, 2nd APPT. DR. GLAZER: February 4, 2015   PATTS: February 19, 2015 SURGERY: March 13, 2015

crqvingchange
on 10/12/14 10:12 pm

We have a recipe forum here.  The What are you Eating threads here and on the RNY forum usually say at what stage the poster is at (forgot the post this morning that I am 12 weeks post-op).  The World According to Eggface blog (google it) is loaded with breakfast, lunch (bento style) and dinner recipes and ideas.  Your NUT will also give you sample menus from your centre.

1HealthyMomma
on 10/12/14 10:45 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

The paperwork from my center just gives you guidelines to stay within like no more than 10grams of sugar per serving and less than 5% daily value of fat or less than 3 grams of fat. I think because everyone enjoys so many different foods the guidelines make it easy for everyone to kind a great variety of food to eat. I bought the book " The Complete Weight-Loss Surgery Guide and Diet Program" it has lots of recipes for all stages.

Hope this helps

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Karen M.
on 10/12/14 11:49 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Hi there,

Tracy and I actually started the Ontario Recipes forum here on OH a few years ago. The link is in my signature.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Delicious_Delilah
on 10/13/14 12:33 am - Ottawa, Canada

You will get a booklet telling you what foods you can eat at what stages along with a few recipe ideas.  This will be given to you at the pre-surgical class. Don't worry, you won't have to entirely figure it out for yourself. You can also use the recipe forums, specially designed cookbooks, etc., to add to your knowledge.  The Centre will steer you in the right direction when it comes time for it, as will the folks on this Forum!

DD

Most Active
Recent Topics