Optifast questions

Ipatton
on 10/31/14 3:19 am - Canada

Hello,

I have been lurking around the website for a while now and I thought I remember seeing a post a while back about optifast and different ways of making it to get you through the 3 weeks, but I can not seem to find it now,

Looks like my surgery will happen sooner than expected and I may have to jump on opti in the next few weeks so I wanted to make sure I was prepared. 

I remember people saying they used flavour shots for the opti, where can I find these? online? 

any other opti tips are welcome

Thanks

Ipatton
on 10/31/14 3:19 am - Canada

Hello,

I have been lurking around the website for a while now and I thought I remember seeing a post a while back about optifast and different ways of making it to get you through the 3 weeks, but I can not seem to find it now,

Looks like my surgery will happen sooner than expected and I may have to jump on opti in the next few weeks so I wanted to make sure I was prepared. 

I remember people saying they used flavour shots for the opti, where can I find these? online? 

any other opti tips are welcome

Thanks

RYMEBE73
on 10/31/14 3:49 am, edited 10/31/14 4:06 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

depends on where you are located, but Starbucks has SF flavours that you can get in bottles, there's a place in Kitchener near where Sports World used to be, low carb grocery is online, Www.lowcarbgrocery.com 

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Laurie_L
on 10/31/14 3:58 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/14

I just started my 3rd week of Optifast, I like both flavours, Vanilla & Chocolate.

I have been adding the following to Chocolate;

Decaf Coffee, Banana Extract, Caramel Extract, Coconut Extract, Peppermint Extract, Orange Extract

And to Vanilla;

Pumpkin Pie Spice (my favourite), Can also add decaf coffee crystals with pumpkin pie spice, I Soak a Chai Spice decaf tea bag in cool water then use tha****er for my shake, Banana, Caramel and Orange extract

I've tried the Jello mixes in them as well, I'm not a sugar free jello fan, I find there is after taste to it so I haven't used those since the first couple of days.

I have broth, can only tollerate the chicken for some reason..

I have also bought sugar free freezies, I've had a couple, its nice to have something to crunch. :)

Good luck! Stay strong.. if you haven't ditched caffinated drinks like coffee yet, I would start cutting back a lot now. I didn't wait so when I started my shakes, I was tired, not a lot of energy, I heard that is a sympton of withdrawl. So that plus being cranky and hungry for a few days until I got used to it. Each day gets better than the next.. :)

Surgery Date: November 7, 2014 - Dr. Yelle, Ottawa - HW:298 SW: 275.4

Catw
on 10/31/14 4:03 am - Arnprior, Canada

Also check out http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/discussion/  It's the Ontario Recipe Forum, it has a thread called "Surviving Optifast".

Cathy

Ipatton
on 10/31/14 4:43 am - Canada

thanks Cathy I think that is the thread I was looking for, thanks for the suggestions everyone

Ipatton
on 10/31/14 4:43 am - Canada

thanks Cathy I think that is the thread I was looking for, thanks for the suggestions everyone

Most Active
Recent Topics