NSV and a couple of tears

Northernlightsmom
on 11/5/14 9:57 pm - Canada

I almost broke down in tears this morning. I have never posted an NSV but have to say the biggest for me even more than coming off all my medication.

My 12 year old daughter asked me "mom can I borrow your cardigan?" I kept saying "I don't know which one you think I have or you may have seen in my room but I don't have one." It just couldn't click in my head that she wasn't refering to one of her sister's or one of hers that was in my room. She laughed at me and walked out wearing one I bought myself last month.  I know to some that this isn't a big deal but I have always been a size 20-24 and never ever had my daughters want to borrow/steal anything out of my closet. In a silly way I was really touched that I could share my clothes with my girls like other moms always talk about. 

This isn't about fitting into a smaller size but being able to share with my girls what other moms get too.

Thanks for listening!

For those of you contemplating this surgery....I have only one regret and that is waiting so long to do it.

For those of you "vets".....your shared experiences, advice and support are priceless and so appreciated!

So thanks!

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Karen M.
on 11/5/14 10:00 pm - Mississauga, Canada

That is a fantastic NSV - your story touched my heart. Many more NSVs heading your way!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Northernlightsmom
on 11/5/14 11:29 pm - Canada

Thanks Karen!

RYMEBE73
on 11/5/14 10:16 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

That is an awesome NSV!! I can't wait for my turn, when my daughter wants to raid my closet!! :)  She already eyes my shoes which thankfully she doesn't fit into! LOL  I'll gladly share my clothes, but shoes are a different story!

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Northernlightsmom
on 11/5/14 11:33 pm - Canada

- " I'll gladly share my clothes, but shoes are a different story! "

So True! So True! 

Best wishes on your journey too

Needanewbeginning
on 11/5/14 10:19 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

That was very touching, thank you for sharing. This truly has changed our lives in so many amazing ways hasn't it!

Keep well my friend,

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Northernlightsmom
on 11/5/14 11:38 pm - Canada

Thanks Annette,

Life is so different and the things I looked forward to before are not always where the most joy comes from now.

Just wanted to say that you have done amazing and I am so happy for you too.

Take Care

ChristineV
on 11/5/14 10:50 pm

That is wonderful!  

My 13 year old step-daughter often tells me I am so lucky to have such beautiful clothes.  Hopefully, one day, we'll get to share clothes too.

Northernlightsmom
on 11/5/14 11:41 pm - Canada

You will.

In some ways the process has seemed so slow and then looking back it really seems to have gone by so fast.

Best wishes for you where ever you are on your journey.

Take care,

Catw
on 11/6/14 12:00 am - Arnprior, Canada

Congrats on the NSV!  Just think, if they are raiding your closet, you can raid theirs too!

Cathy

Most Active
Recent Topics