Barrie Support Group

Dar_Tay
on 3/5/15 11:09 pm - Canada

My understanding is that the Barrie support group meets the 3rd Sat of each month.

Does anyone have someone we can contact to confirm the class is on or if it gets cancelled for some reason that month?

KristieA
on 3/5/15 11:55 pm - Orillia, Canada

Good Morning Dar_Tay;

We do meet the 3rd Saturday Ferris Lane Community Church of the Nazrene.   49 Ferris Lane Barrie.  1-4 pm (usually done around 3).  Sharrol Blakely-Vieira is the group leader.  Her email is [email protected].  A few members live really close by so the meetings haven't been cancelled at the last minute that I am aware of.  If Sharrol can't make it, then another person in the group will step in.   The group usually takes a break in the summer as numbers are smaller.  So July and August there are usually no meetings.

If there is a cancellation I would do my best to remember to post here.  In addition there is a Facebook page for the group.  It is a 'closed' group, but if you are on Facebook and would like to be added just let me know.  Feel free to send me a PM or look me up on Facebook.   Kristie Anderson in Orillia.

There are a couple of coffee groups on the go as well.  If you want more info, let me know.  Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings.

Hope all is well,

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Dar_Tay
on 3/6/15 1:00 am - Canada

Thanks so much for the info Kristie! I'm sending you a PM here :)

raven_song
on 9/25/17 12:11 pm

Hello ~ I'm just starting on my WLS journey and would like to know if the Barrie group still meets.

KristieA
on 9/25/17 9:54 pm - Orillia, Canada

The meetings just started up again. Third Saturday each month at the location noted above - Ferris Lane Church . 1 to appx 3pm. There is also a coffee group in Innisfil on some Tuesday. I do one on Orillia the first Tuesday of the month at Tim Hortons Westmount and Coldwater Rd from 7-8.

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

raven_song
on 9/26/17 7:32 am

Thank you very much for the information I hope to make the next Sat meeting.

Most Active
Recent Topics