NSV on hold, but bright side in the end

PepperBB
on 8/3/15 2:39 pm - Canada

So a few weeks ago I posted, I was so excited to do the Spartan Race, it was going to be a huge NSV for me. But sadly, a few days before, playing baseball I suffered a torn hamstring.

So here I sit 3 weeks later, and although I was worried about gaining weight, so what did I do...back to square one. I took my diet back to the basics. For a while I could not work out at all.

From this bad experience, I have learnt that I will not let emotional eating get the best of me, and it has worked!

I am more mobile now, and slowly but surely light working out as per my doctors' instructions. And although I can not work out like I use to, I fee like I have overcome something greater...my need to eat to make myself feel better.

I am hoping to be back at work soon and back to my normal routine in a few more weeks. Although the injury sucks and I missed out on a good opportunity, I am glad to know that I have made some changes for the positive. So I guess that is a NSV too?? LOL

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

roxytrim
on 8/3/15 4:16 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Wow...now that is inspirational.  You must feel so empowered to be in such control.

PepperBB
on 8/5/15 12:10 pm - Canada

Thanks Roxytrim, I do feel better, checked in with my doctor yesterday and I am doing well. Feels good to know that hopefully I have made the changes over these almost 2 year to my life that may stick in the long run. It feels good to know that I now can control my eating, not the other way around. Long road, but a good one, I like to think.

Thanks again,

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Most Active
Recent Topics