Exchanging Optifast

Dar_Tay
on 10/28/15 11:47 am - Canada

So I saw the surgeon yesterday and booked finally for my surgery Jan 4th!! They would not let me buy all chocolate Optifast which I think is totally wrong since it is "my money" and I should be allowed to get what I want. Strange!

I'm wondering if anyone has some chocolate optifast they would like to exchange for my vanilla optifast?

Molly83
on 10/28/15 1:37 pm - Canada

That is weird, I bought all chocolate because all vanilla protein powder I tried I hated. Hope you find someone close to exchange with.

1st referral-June 2014, sent back and resubmitted September 2014. Wrong referral-medical not surgical. December 22-Surgical Referral sent in.

March 2, 2015-Orientation session; April 8, 2015-Blood work completed; May 12, 2015-Intake appointment; July 24, 2015 Dietician/Behaviourist; August 26, 2015 Pre-surgery class; September 21, 2015 Meet the surgeon; SURGERY NOVEMBER 13, 2015

B-Trix123
on 10/28/15 1:39 pm - Toronto, Canada

That is bizarre! I have done the whole Optifast diet 2x before I did it pre-op and was never told this. It makes absolutely no difference to the medical outcome. Are you getting it sent from Mississauga? What centre are you out of -- not TWH my guess.

Sorry -- don't have any to swap.

Dar_Tay
on 10/28/15 3:49 pm - Canada

I'm out of Humber, Dr Hagen.

I don't know why they insisted on 2 boxes of each flavour. My first thought was because most people probably prefer the chocolate and they run out of it quicker? I don't know. Your right that I'm sure it makes no difference to the outcome of shrinking the liver pre-op, vanilla or chocolate.

If I can't swap some, I'll try to manage the vanilla with some flavourings etc. I still have some time to find chocolate though!!

Thanks for your response Trix :)

HKT53
on 10/28/15 4:20 pm - Toronto, Canada

Dar_Tay is right. I had Dr. Hagen...thought it would be fine to buy my Opti from his office and got the same line. You can have two Chocolate and two vanilla but not all Chocolate. I was disappointed and thought the same as Dar_Tay. Its my money why cant I do it my way? So now we all know Dr. Hagen, and other surgeons out of Humber River Regional Hospital are unfair to the Choco-holics of the Opti world.

Sorry, dont have any chocolate left, or I would just give it to you.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

HKT53
on 10/28/15 4:22 pm - Toronto, Canada

Oh BTW...you can put cocao powder in your vanilla Opti to give it chocolate flavour. It is entirely acceptable.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/15 4:20 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You can add cocoa powder to the vanilla or even mix one pouch of chocolate to one pouch of vanilla then divide again and mix. I liked vanilla a lot better only because I was able to doctor it up with many other flavour options. There is a thread on the recipe forum called surviving optifast with lots of different concoctions. It's pretty dated and there are a lot of new flavour options out there like the dasani drops but it's a good way to find what others did. Just click the link to the recipe forum in my signature line if you'd like to have a look at it.

northernga1
on 10/28/15 7:04 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

you can try adding cocoa powder to the vanilla and it is just like the chocolate

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

BlakeandLillysMummy
on 10/29/15 6:50 am - Canada

Dr. Hagen doesn't give you all chocolate because then most people would be taking ALL chocolate and they would run out..... Ella (before she went on Mat leave) told us back in August, that that was the case, they had actually gotten down to a point where they ran out of chocolate because that is what everyone prefers.. so now they will only give you the half and half!!!!!

:) I do have some left at home.. not sure of the chocolate to vanilla ratio since I too preferred chocolate......

Referral: May 2014 Orientation: Sept 26 (HRRH): 1st Surgeon Appt: Feb 13 (Sohi @ HRRH) : Dietician/Social Worker/RN: March 25, 2015  Dr. Glazier - May 12, 2015  2nd Surgeon Appointment (Dr. Hagen) - June 1, 2015 -  Start Opti - August 19, 2015 - SURGERY SEPTEMBER 1, 2015  - HW 270lbs OW - 256.6 SW: 244.6

Most Active
Recent Topics