Day 46....

Kerigan
on 11/3/16 5:02 pm

It's day 46 for me for my current stay at Humber River Hospital. I'm still looking for a friend to chat with here, I'm on the 10th floor currently.

I find it very lonely here... So if anyone is here and wants to meet up, just let me know!

Keri

Monica9811
on 11/4/16 5:40 am - Peterborough, Canada

I'm sorry to hear you have been in there that long :(. I would visit if I lived closer. What is going on can I ask?  That's a long time to be in a hospital!  Sending positive vibes your way. 

Kerigan
on 11/6/16 11:55 am

Hey Monica, 

I'm in the hospital because of severe malnourishment and dehydration, along with having an ulcer in my stomach and a stricture. Surgery is an option to pursue, but I need to gain a lot more weight before I could be medically cleared as being strong enough to survive surgery. So I've been getting my full days worth of vitamins, nutrients, etc through a PICC line. I'm finally strong enough to walk again, I came into the hospital in a wheelchair, unable to walk more than just a few steps. 

Monica9811
on 11/6/16 12:13 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Damn I am so sorry to hear that you are having all of these challenges. Can you go to the bariatric floor and visit with people who have had surgery. I'm sure you are lonely and bored as hell. I hope you are able to put more weight on and get strong. I wish I lived closer I would come hang out. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. All the best!

Insert Fitness
on 11/4/16 7:08 am

Sorry to hear you are going through this. Hope you find some companionship to pass the time!

Kerigan
on 11/6/16 11:57 am

Thank you! I haven't had any luck yet finding a friend, but I'm used to it :)

Green_limes
on 11/4/16 3:18 pm - Canada

Hi Keri,  sending you lots of healing energy.  I've seen a couple of your posts but unfortunately I don't live in the area.  I hope you find someone in the hospital to connect with.  Maybe reach out to the nurses to see if there is anyone there, even an elderly patient that is in need of a friend.   Good luck with everything 

Kerigan
on 11/6/16 12:33 pm

Thank you! I hope I find someone too, I do have the nurses and social workers to talk to, but they are so busy during the day that it just seems like a burden to keep them away from their other patients. The elderly patient idea sounds like a good one, I'll ask them about that. 

ready-4-new-start
on 11/7/16 5:51 pm - Canada

Hi Keri

I'm at Humber next week if ur still in the hospital and up for a visit I will come by. 

Referral received at hrrh Nov6/14, orientation March23/15, surgery April 11/16

Kerigan
on 11/7/16 6:41 pm

Sure, sounds good! I'll still be here for sure, what day are you here? Are you staying in the hospital?

Most Active
Recent Topics