Questions for VETS only 5- 10 years out

Dar_Tay
on 12/14/16 2:24 pm - Canada

There is the never ending question about our calcium supplement. 

I was using Wellesse from Costco but it has been d/c :(  . I do also use the Jamp calcium chews but they are quite expensive so looking for alternatives.  I want citrate only, no combinations.

Some people are talking about Citracal (calcium citrate) from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/Citracal-Petites-Vitamin-D3-200-Count/ dp/B0043ZLTT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481649136&sr=8-1&keywo rds=Citracal%20petites

I've heard to use the vinegar test with some medications to see if they dissolve properly.  With Citracal  to make the test more challenging/interesting...I diluted the vinegar 50/50 with water. Still dissolved the tablet, no problem.

So my question is for VETS  5-10 years out.

What are your thought on this.  Would we absorb it okay long term?

Many thanks for your input!!

Dar

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/16 2:50 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Many people use these.  I have always taken Calcium in regular pill form, never had chewables after the first few months.  I don't order mine, I just go to the drug store and buy whatever brand they have as long as they are all citrate.

NorthernStar
on 12/15/16 5:56 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

This is what I do too. I get calcium citrate from Costco and just chew it, then swallow with some water. A *****alky but no real taste to it. 

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

birdiegirl
on 12/15/16 10:04 am

I have been  using the calcium patch for almost a year.  Will report in feb when I have my yearly bloodwork if they are working well.  

Most Active
Recent Topics