Hurry up and wait!

Waxwing
on 9/30/19 3:01 pm

I'm so ready to finish this part of the process!

My file was sent to the coordinator to schedule my consent appointment about a month ago and I'm still waiting to hear when I'll see the surgeon.

It's so frustrating sometimes feeling like your life is just in limbo waiting to plan things around surgery. I know it'll be sometime in the next few months but I can't even let my work know roughly when I'm going to need to book time off until I have a surgery date.

Its still way faster than in other areas of the country, I know (I was referred last Nov) but I really just want to get done with this part of the process!

Tuktu
on 10/1/19 12:40 pm
RNY on 03/07/17

Waiting can be torture - but you have had the patience for all the other parts of the process so you got this. It is nice once you get a date and you can do more planning, but until then there's nothing you can do about it. When you get a date, it goes really fast! So there's that to look forward to.

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/19 12:34 pm
VSG on 03/21/19

The waiting is definitely the hardest part but the prize (surgery) is so worth it!

I was told from referral to surgery it would be approximately 12-18 months. That sounded like a very long time to me but the time flew by and within 16 months I was on my pre-op liquid diet!

Waxwing
on 10/10/19 2:17 pm

I found out that part of why I've been waiting so long is that the internist said she wants to see me again (just to check on a chronic issue that has been stable for months) and asked that it be on the same day as I do my surgical consent. She made that request to save me on parking, but because there haven't been any openings for both they haven't booked me.

Ive been calling the internist's office to try to get this figured out since this is essentially holding up my surgery. I've told my work to expect that I'd likely be taking time off by the end of the year which is what the bariatric program has been telling me so I'm really frustrated that something so dumb has been holding things up!

Kath L
on 10/22/19 10:31 am

I look at it as "things happen for a reason."

But ... having said that and having completed most of my appointments, I am finally getting anxious. I take it as a sign that I am mentally ready for this journey.

Good luck!

Referral: Feb 14/17; Processed: Apr 28/17; Hamilton Orientation: July 24/17; Pre-Nutrition: Oct 27/17; Re-Do Hamilton Orientation: Apr 29/19; Pre-Nutrition: May 17/19; Nurse: May 29/19; Blood work: Aug 2/19; EKG: Aug 1/19; Allergist: Aug 15/19; Abdominal Ultrasound: Sep 4/19; Dietician: Sept 9/19; Internist Dr. Taboni: Oct 10/19; Social Work: Nov 06/19; Endoscopy Consult: Nov 08/19; Gastroscopy: Nov 21/19; Meet Dr. Gmora: Dec 4/19 Pre-Op and Surgery Class: Jan 09/20 Surgery: Jan 13/20 OMG they moved it up to Jan 06/20

Waxwing
on 10/24/19 5:58 pm

Got my surgery date for late next month! I'm super excited now!

OnlineAnnie
on 10/28/19 7:48 pm

I live in B.C.. Referral to surgery was almost 4 years!

Most Active
Recent Topics