Referred to Bariatric Clinic in Windsor

Elizabeth2020
on 3/9/20 10:07 am

I have recently been referred to the Bariatric Clinic in Windsor. The orientation is next week on March 16th, and I'm having a lot of anxiety about it. I'm very nervous about having the surgery to begin with.

I had the Lap Band in 2008 and experienced nothing but complications until finally having it removed in September 2019. I was terrified of having my insides rearranged, but I'm hoping I will be able to get past that for the benefits of the surgery. Not sure where I'm going with this....just horrible nerves.

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/9/20 7:51 pm - Windsor, Canada

Hello

what community are you in?
many lapband patients have been revised to Rny. It will be much better than a lapband.

good luck in your journey it will be amazing!

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Elizabeth2020
on 3/10/20 7:24 am

Hi Dawn,

I live in Lasalle, just outside of Windsor. I had my Lapband removed a few months ago due to severe acid reflux, a lot of which I couldn't feel. They also found that I had a distended esophagus (I think that's the term they used). As soon as it was gone, I felt 100% better. However I have obviously gained more weight. I lost about 50 pounds in the beginning due to literally throwing up almost everything. I gained it back after having the band almost completely defilled. Then the private clinic where I was a patient closed down and disappeared and there was no help. So...here I am.

I'm going to the orientation at the bariatric clinic on March 16th. Hoping it will calm my nerves a bit. :)

Diminishing Dawn
on 3/19/20 4:22 pm - Windsor, Canada

Awesome. If you ever can (when we are up and running), come to a windsor meeting sometime of our support group. We also have a fb group.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Anne1989
on 3/16/20 9:03 pm

Congrats on pushing thru your anxiety. It is hard, I know. Remember this is just an information session. You are not locked into anything. When did your doctor send the referral for a March orientation date?

Most Active
Recent Topics