Panniculectomy Approval/Questions about Abdominalplasty

Mahalo F.
on 1/31/21 9:04 am

Hello everyone!

I am posting in multiple forums.

It has been sometime since I posted on this website. Busy with life & then COVID.

I had Gastric Bypass Roux-En-Y in January 2017. I have lost 130 pounds and have maintained the weight loss for the last 3 1/2 years. I look and feel great! The gastric bypass bypass was life-changing for me.

I have had a consult with a plastic surgeon in 2019. He put in all the paperwork for the panniculectomy. Ultimately. The problem is OHIP initially denied the authorization to cover cost. My panni hangs half over my mons pubis (mons Venus). I hated how it sits in my lap while on the toilet. I have had rash/excoriation & odour. I have purchased just about every over the counter sprays and powders to keep the area clean. Without too much success. I wear compression panties to hold it in but that is ultimately causing irritable bowel from the intestinal compression.

I can?t wait to look down and see my Mons Pubis. Lol TMI Sorry

I have gone back to see the surgeon.

HE ENCOURAGED APPEAL!

COVID HAPPENED

I submitted a very well written appeal letter. Submitted a letter from my general practitioner and a letter from the weight management clinic that initially referred me to the plastic surgeon.
Great news!! I finally got approval. I upgraded to a full abdominalplasty. I am paying for half. I am very excited and can't wait. My surgery is in 3 weeks, February 19th. 2021. I am a little bit anxious as I am a widow. Two of my sons are away at school. Just me and my 14-year-old at home now.

Looking for advice. The dos and don'ts before and after tummy tuck... Looking for recommendations that helps you through the process. What did you do and would do differently? If you were to do it again? What would you do differently?
Hoping everything goes well. How did you feel when you woke up from the anesthesia?

I have done quite a bit of research online. Just looking for additional feedback.

I found so much support before, during & after ROUX-En-Y.

Wondering how everyone is doing?

Thank you

Sincerely

Rose ?

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

sk8muffsmom
on 2/1/21 8:35 pm - Canada

Congratulations.... its coming fast. My advice is listen to your surgeon's recommendations for after care, stay on top of your pain meds and wear your compression 24/7. Plus listen to your body and give it the time you need to heal . Good Luck & sending healing vibes your way.

Mahalo F.
on 2/2/21 5:27 am

Thank you for your message!

Did you have surgery? We're you pleased with results?

Feeling a bit nervous!

I can't wait.

Thanks for the healing vibes!

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

sk8muffsmom
on 2/2/21 9:01 am, edited 2/2/21 1:02 am - Canada

OMG ...yes it was life changing ..... I had it done 6 years ago ...upgrade to the full extended TT and had a hernia repair at the same time as well as the breast reduction/lift. No looking back for me!! I had 13lbs of belly tissuse removed. :)

Mahalo F.
on 2/2/21 9:36 am

WOW Good for you! I am starting with tummy tuck.

I would really love to do inner thighs some day!

Wish I was American. Their insurance seems to cover some stuff. Can't even imagine what the inner thigh surgery would cost.

One day at a time.

Thank you!

Did you have all your surgery in a fail sweep?

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

sk8muffsmom
on 2/2/21 8:00 pm, edited 2/2/21 12:02 pm - Canada

I had a thigh lift done also.... about 5 years ago.... now I'm hearing its around $9000-11000 in the GTA ....depending on a patients needs.....

FYI there are a couple of Ontario Plastic Surgery FB groups if your looking for info

Mahalo F.
on 2/4/21 2:39 pm

Hello

Thanks for replying!

Removal of excess inner thigh is on my bucket list.

WI**** was covered by OHIP.

I don't understand why it's so hard to fight for surgery.. they would cover a sex change operation but not reward a person that was formally obese with the removal of excess skin.

Frustrating

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

Leslie W.
on 2/2/21 10:48 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Abdominoplasty I"m assuming you mean a Tummy tuck. For the first 6 week you'll do no lifting. You really want to take things slowly. Increase your protein to promote healing. Walk and rest. Wear your binder 24/7. A tank top will help with the ithiness that the binder causes.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Mahalo F.
on 2/4/21 2:40 pm

Thank you Leslie.

Gonna have to scoop up a tank top

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

Diminishing Dawn
on 2/7/21 7:07 am, edited 2/6/21 11:08 pm - Windsor, Canada

Who did you see? Denial is usually the result of a doctor not advocating enough. So good for following through.

recovery is slow. Take it easy. Stay on top of pain meds. Follow the rules given. Walk.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics