Ontario Revision Process

Macanna
on 4/27/21 4:47 am

Hello ,

I have had bariatric surgery in NS Approx 11 years ago. I have regained some of the weight back and tried to get off with no luck. I am just wondering what is the revision process like from first step to the revision and afterwards.

Thank you

winnielaroo
on 4/28/21 6:51 pm

Hi There:

What surgery did you have originally?

Leslie W.
on 5/4/21 12:43 pm - Cobourg, Canada

You we need to get your MD to submit a referral online to the Bariatric registry. The referral must be done online.

While that is being done ask about a referral from GP for a scope to check out your pouch. If everything is good consider going back to basic. Track intake, cut out the junk that creeps back into our diets. Keep track of these changes as it will help once you get seen by the bariatric centre. They will want to see that you have made these changes but they have no worked.

Once you are accepted and assigned a centre you will be seen by Nurse, Dietician, Social worker, Psychologist, Surgeon etc.. There are also nutrition classes. Each site works just a little different. After surgery they will follow up with you for at least a year or more

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
investigator77
on 6/1/21 8:41 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Hi Leslie: I had my surgery 11 years ago as well, and have gained back all the weight I lost, plus another 10 pounds. What hospital did you have your surgery at? I went to Barix Clinic in Ypsilanti, MI. I'm afraid to confront my demons, and feel helpless to change, because of chronic pain that I am in. Long story. XO Nancy Oh! And BTW I'm in Brighton!

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Ask me about the Durham Region WLS Support Group

Leslie W.
on 6/14/21 3:48 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Just saw your reply. Had my RNY at Toronto Western. As your GP for a referral to the Bariatric registry. Another option is to ask GP for a referral for a gastroscopy to check out your pouch. Also you can ask for a referral to a dietician to review your intake. My GP is part of the NFFT and I have access to a Dietician. While you wait for your referral start tracking intake. Cut out one bad food at a time. You've done it before and you can do it again.

Keep me posted

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Most Active
Recent Topics