It's very sad

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/21 12:27 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

I agree with you that the drop off in views and so forth is extremely sad.

Personally I don't do Facebook for the very simple reason that anyone can find anything you EVER posted ( even stuff you imagined you erased ) forever.

Also I decline to be identified with the bariatric surgery recipients community- having had this surgery made my life happier and easier but it's not public knowledge nor should it be ...

Patm
on 5/7/22 6:33 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Funny you should post this. I have not been on here for years. I became disillusioned with some negativity here. However I came across this post plus another that are helping me with a current issue. I am happy to see a few people still here. Perhaps I will drop in more often.

lexxiblue
on 2/21/23 4:47 am
RNY on 01/11/12

Patm.. i recognize your nickname... i had surgery in 2012 and like you haven't been on hear in years either... in fact only recognize one name who has posted.... ohh i'm old!!! Wondering if you used to attend the WLS meetings in Burlington?? I think there's where we met... ???

Lexxi

(Deb Stewart on FB)

Patm
on 5/15/23 12:09 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hi,

I am in Toronto. Might have met at a conference? or just on here. I have had some health set backs and really need to get back on tract.

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/22 11:00 pm

I feel you. I'm new here but since you've been a member for a long time, I can only imagine how sad it'd be for you. But, I think, nowadays, FB groups are also kind of dead. I believe those FB groups too faltered. Everything just withers at one time or another.

lexxiblue
on 2/21/23 4:45 am
RNY on 01/11/12

YOU are so right... I'm guilty of this too... prior to surgery and just after this was my lifeline... and now I find FB my "go to".

Sad, very sad...I met a lot of wonderful people, made some great connections, went to many get togethers and even a monthly I believe, WLS group in Burlington. Then COVID hit and that group diminished. SAD...

Hope we can get some oldies back on here... BTW my surgery was in 2012....seems like yesterday and only wish I had surgery much earlier

Take care of you

Deb Stewart

(lexxiblue)

Marleymeluv
on 5/6/23 4:26 pm - Hamilton, Canada

2008 was a very happening forum!

:360,

SW:340, CW:128, RGW:126   Lost 20 Lbs preop

Mattman1
on 5/8/23 2:53 pm
VSG on 04/23/18

I really believe it has to be a GROUP EFFORT

I use to go to the Facebook support group pages a lot but infrequently now,sadly,even with this one. The pandemic had a lot to do with it, and things really are not normal yet.

ALL we can do gang is hang in there as there are strength in numbers.

Most Active
Recent Topics