Revision denied, but . . .

Linda_S
on 6/26/13 4:51 am - Eugene, OR

My surgeon is not giving up as yet.  He is preparing to talk with their medical review board as he is positive this is a medically necessary thing for me.  I'm prepared, however it may go.  I guess I can live like this for another five years till I get to Medicare, but I really hope that won't be the case.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

mickeymantle
on 6/26/13 3:31 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

what do you want to get revised to , rny-?

on Monday my surgeon is having a support group if you want to come as my guest you can

Its at 6:pm at river bend rm 200c near the chapel

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Vicki PNW
on 6/29/13 4:57 am

Were you able to get the reason your revision was denied?

Hopefully Dr. D will help reverse the denial.

Best of luck!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Linda_S
on 6/29/13 5:22 am - Eugene, OR

My current insurance does not cover bariatric surgery or complications from bariatric surgery.  I called PERS Health and asked to talk with someone, and will be writing a letter.  It seems that, as a state employee, we get coverage for bariatric surgery, but then when we retire and go on PERS Retiree insurance, there is no coverage.  I told the person I spoke to that I felt it was a bit like being led down the rabbit hole.  I've known several local people who have needed further surgery -- good thing most of them had not retired yet.  I think Dr. D is going for medical necessity here - there are precious few things I can tolerate in my diet and I am definitely not able to get all the nutrients I need.  Not to mention that falling blood sugar is just downright dangerous.  He's a very knowledgeable and reasonable man, so I hope he can get through to them!

mickeymantle
on 6/29/13 3:31 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

that sucks , to bad you can't go back to work

Linda_S
on 6/29/13 4:15 pm - Eugene, OR

LOL - actually, I think I'd rather suffer than go back to work.  I really, really hated my job.

mickeymantle
on 6/30/13 2:07 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I have had jobs like that

what do you want to be revised to vsg? ds?

Linda_S
on 6/30/13 3:20 am - Eugene, OR

We're going for the vsg.  While I would love to lose a little more weight, I'm okay with where I am weight wise -- body wise, I can tell you that losing a lot of weight when you're over 50 is not pretty.  Parts are where they don't belong anymore, mostly headed south, and I want to same some money for some lifting instead of having to pay out of pocket for a revision!  ;D  I just want the pyloric valve and intrinsic factor back at the bottom of my stomach.  No more dumping, no more blood sugar crashes!

Most Active
Recent Topics